Thursday, April 14, 2011

Life: By Matt


Assignment:  Tell us about you.

My name is Matt.  I have eight people in my family.  I have three brothers and two sisters.  What's unique is that my parent's aren't divorced and nobody was adopted in my family.  We live in a house near Cincinnati.  My dad is a doctor and we moved here for his job.  This is my first and last year in Ohio.  We will be moving to Utah this summer.  Every year we go to the Bengals training camp.  We also enjoy going to Thunder Over Louisville.  All of our grandparents live in Utah.  I am nine years old and my birthday is June twenty-ninth.  My favorite color is green.  We moved here from Lexington, Kentucky Fitzroy Lane.  I am a fraternal twin.  My twin's name is Josh.  My dad went to Stanford University for college.  These are a few things about my family.

Assignment:  Write a letter and include vocabulary words and underline them.

April 6, 2011

Dear April,

How have you been?  What is it like moving to a new country? What is your country famous for?  What are a few of the customs they have there?  Do you think you will be popular in your new school?  Do you think they will admire your uniqueness and the twist you put on fashion?  Also, are you going to a public or private school?  I almost forgot to mention, are you flying overnight?

Sincerely,

Matt J.

2 comments:

Jen said...

What sweet letters and sad when not being divorced is unique! He is so blessed to come from such a darling family Cheryl! I loved all of your family pics as well. Darling letters!

Marcie said...

Dying at Matt's descriptions of himself. Out of the mouth of babes.

So funny. I would love to hear his description of himself a year from now when he has spent the school year in Utah.

Kind of think that dad being a doctor and himself being a twin might make it higher on the list of things that make him unique:)

He is too funny Cheryl.

When you move back, can Matt come hang out with me one day a week? He cracks me up.

Been thinking about you this week. Sending positive thoughts your way.