Friday, April 15, 2011

Arts Night


A night of various art forms: chorus and orchestra concerts, solo musical pieces and poetry readings, art projects and refreshments at Summit Elementary School.

Matt and Josh tried out to play solo piano pieces.  It was held in the 'Coffee House' aka: library.  I told the boys to ask their music teacher if they could go first because I didn't know how long Zach could last.  She was kind and put them #2 and #4 out of 75 students.  I was so happy to not have to wait until the end of the list for them to play, plus the room was killer hot.  I told them "The squeaky wheel gets the oil."  They had no idea what I was talking about.
Josh and Matt started taking piano lessons last fall.  This was their first recital.  They were both nervous, but ready.  I was so proud of them for wanting to do this without any outside influence from me or their piano teacher.
There was a large crowd of parents, students, teachers and siblings.
Josh played Fiddler on the Roof.
Matt played the theme song from Superman.
They both did a perfect job.
The big dudes.
The chicks





Josh made this sculpture from the Day of the Dead project.
Matt designed and molded this Kenyan necklace.
Trey painted this still life art work on canvas.
I might not love this school like I did Veterans Park in Lexington, but I have been very impressed with their art teacher and vast subject matter they have covered and the beautiful projects they have created.



No comments: