Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Krohn Conservatory


 I think we live in a heavily Catholic area of Cincinnati as the boys were out of school on Good Friday.  It also happened to be Earth Day.  What better way to spend a rainy day together than at beautiful plant conservatory.  I had heard lot of good things about the place and that you could see it all in about 45 minutes.  Well, not on the day we went.  The Butterfly exhibit opened up the week before and there was a line outside that snaked around half of the building.  I asked a woman who was leaving how long she waited.  At least 1 1/2 hours.  Holy Moly! That's longer than I'd be willing to wait for Splash Mountain at Disneyland.  The boys really didn't care if they missed the exhibit and I quickly talked the girls into coming back next week.  I mean the thing's there until June 29 for heaven sakes!  Instead we explored two of the four buildings.  It was amazing and I am excited to have an excuse to go back!











(Earth Day 2011)

1 comment:

Marcie said...

What a perfect way to spend a day off from school!

I am dying for spring here. We woke up to 2 inches of snow again today. There has been at least a dusting every morning this week. Really!?