Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thunder 2010

For your viewing pleasure, the amazing, incredible, lovely and much heralded Thunder Over Louisville. The opening event of the Kentucky Derby festivities. Thirty minutes of the greatest display of fireworks I've ever seen. In fact, it is the largest show in North America. It consists of two barges and a bridge of fireworks and a million of your closest friends.

Not only is it a fun part of the Derby, it is one of my favorite events of the year! No wonder we keep coming back. I simply can't get enough. I told the kids last night that they have been ruined for life. After SEVEN Thunders, no firework show will ever compare to this.

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Is this your video? I am so excited to show the kids. We've told them about Thunder for years.

One of the many things we miss.

Sally said...

Thanks for giving us a glimpse! Jenni texted me last night during the show...oh how I wish were there! Cannot wait to take my girls back to see it!

Heather Woolley said...

I just looked up the Largest, Biggest, Best Fireworks Displays Worldwide and Thunder really was #1 in the USA!! That's awesome!! Great video! Looks like fun! We have friends in our ward here that just moved from Louisville, but I think they got there right when you moved to Lexington. Great people. She was just talking about Thunder this past week and said she wished she could be there to see it.

Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

I couldn't get the video to come up, but I am more than jealous. Mike and I even thought of going last minute this year, but he had a test among other things and so it wouldn't work. We also figured every hotel would be booked. Anyway, glad you got to go. I miss that more than anything. It truly is amazing.