Monday, April 26, 2010

Lucky 13

I kissed him goodbye yesterday. I gave him an extra long squeeze and told him how much I would miss him. How I love him. How he had better hurry back to me. To all of us.

He was headed east to a mock board review course in New Jersey.

The countdown to Friday has begun. We are all looking forward to when Rich returns to Lexington and his traveling days for this test will be behind him.

The rest of Sunday passed quickly and April 26 arrived early as I spent midnight- 3 AM sorting clothes, moving things here and there, trying not to stop until the finish line was visible in the distance. As I worked, I thought back to 1997. To the day that changed my life. The day my Prince Charming became mine.

After a few hours of sleep and an early morning getting the boys to school, I spent the day painting, vacuuming, lugging boxes, scrubbing floors, running to Goodwill and hauling out the trash. Met the Realtors at 1 PM. Chorus pick up at 3 PM. Piano lessons at 3:30 PM. Thank heavens for the rain, because 5 PM baseball was canceled.

Then the phone rang. A florist was on the end of the line. No one was home when they dropped by. There was something waiting for me on the porch.

My sweet fella had called early that morning and and wished me well on our special day, but this was more than I had expected. It was simply perfect.
Thirteen years ago I married my best friend. For thirteen years we have walked side by side, hand in hand through life. There has been ups. There has been downs. There has been joy. There has been pain. There has been victories. There has been defeats. And through it all, there has been love, trust, encouragement, friendship, loyalty and unselfishness. Thirteen is a lucky number, because it is as long as I've been blessed to have Rich as my husband. I love you Babe. I really, really, really do.

2 comments:

Julianne said...

I was thinking about your beautiful wedding day all day yesterday. Thirteen years has flown by and yet so much has happened. I remember what a wonderful day it was. You looked so radiant and Rich was beaming. I remember waiting for you two outside the temple with all the Standford friends, the luncheon, the beautiful reception at the Springville Art Museum. It was a great beginning to an amazing couple's journey. Thinking of you today. Love you both.

Jana said...

Congrats! You two are an amazing couple that we admire so much. Love you both.