Saturday, April 17, 2010

Homecoming

Rich returned home from North Carolina on Friday night. We picked him up at the airport after soccer practice. We were windblown, covered in dirt and a few sported shin guards and cleats. We were quite the sight in the quiet, empty waiting area. I guess you could say we livened things up a bit.

We surprised Rich by coming into the airport and waited by the baggage claim. Once down the stairs he was bombarded by hugs, giggles and kisses. I love watching reunions of loved ones at airports, especially when they are mine.

Rich did not disappoint the kids and came home bearing gifts. The kids were thrilled. Not only with their prizes, but to have their dad back again.

Rich's New Jersey trip is looming in the distance, set to depart next Sunday afternoon. We'll make sure we enjoy everyday we have with him this week and look forward to the near future when this dreaded test is behind us.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Good luck all of you the next few weeks...such an exciting (stressful) time.

BTW I love your comments. Always so sweet and thoughtful.

I tried to only write mostly positive things about the kids ( all though there are a whole bunch of negatives going on around here too). They both read what I wrote carefully, in fact Hayden recommended I make a few changes in some of his (which I did). I don't want my kids to think I am sharing their weaknesses with the world on my blog because, honestly I would hate if my mom did that to me.

It makes my blog (and our life in general) seem a little too cheery and happy at times, but I feel it is a necessary evil to spare my boys fragile self images.

I laughed when I got your text message yesterday......it was SO very opposite of how Kristi responded just minutes before. She said something about thanking me for the heads up so she had some time to think of something good and would lie if needed :) They both made me laugh. What good friends. I had a moment of panic when I had to on the spot give references and phone numbers of non relatives.

BTW Alice only knows anything she knows because preschool taught it to her........all I do it clean the house it seems;)

and, I too, am pretty positive I've never read Exodus. I've tried to convince Hayden to abandon the Old Testament. No such luck.

Sarah said...

LOVE those shirts! What great souvenirs!