Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Break

Last week was Spring Break in Fayette County. The boys were out of school. Rich had the week off. The weather was incredible. The trees are in bloom. The daffodils, tulips and pansies bright blossoms color the world. The birds are nesting. Spring is here. Saron Drive Matt's handful of dandelions picked just for me Veterans ParkBrynn's lovely blue bloomRobin eggs under my deck

While I would LOVE to write about our adventures or fabulous trip, I cannot. Two things were accomplished over spring break. 1) Rich studied and studied and studied for his oral board exams. 2) I packed and packed and packed up our house so we can list it for sale at the end of the month.

Whew. What a week!

But if you asked the kids how their spring break went it would be like this: We played and played and played some more. They ran around the neighborhood having water fights, Nerf gun wars, shot hoops, played Yu-Gi-Oh, watched rented movies, ate pizza and popcorn, got sunburned and had a ball.

While it wasn't the most glamorous break, it was one that we all needed. And all enjoyed in our own various ways.

Here's to a more exciting fall break. Disney World, anyone?

3 comments:

Marcie said...

We were almost headed to Disneyworld for Fall Break.....but I think we switched to Hawaii. It was a hard toss up for the boys - Volcanos or Alligators.

I SO needed good weather for our Spring Break. I was dying for the kids to be able to play outside...so were they. It snowed every day and was freezing. Every time I had to show the house the kids had to sit out in the car because it was too cold for them to even stay outside for 15 minutes.

It was terribly sad. I ended up looking for places to go just so they wouldn't spend every day building forts, setting up museums, in other words - making the house too messy to show.

I'm sure you were able to get so much accomplished. You needed that warm weather. It sounds so good and your pictures are so beautiful.

We had a second showing last night (in the middle of dinner!) and it kind of made me panic. If I had to actually move in a few weeks, I don't know how I would do it. I need to get more ready just in case.

Good luck with all of yours!

Kristi said...

Oh now I miss springtime in Kentucky. So beautiful. I think the robins are smarter here. They don't seem to nest low enough for you to watch it. :( Bummer.

Sarah said...

These pictures are BEAUTIFUL! So glad you had a relazing, fun Spring Break.

Good luck with the packing!