Thursday, June 4, 2009

Last Day of School

The boys are dressed and ready for their last day of school!We had four extra days added on at the end to make up for all the snow/ice days we missed. We were able to make up three earlier using Teacher Prep days in February, March and April.
The girls and I joined them for lunch.They were SO excited for Sneak-A-Peek at 2 PM where they told you who your new teacher for next year will be. Trey will be in Ms. Little. Matt will be in Ms. McClenney and Josh will have Mrs. Newton who was Trey's teacher for the past two years (2nd and 3rd grade classes are mixed, just like kindergarten and 1st). Josh and Matt's teachers are in the same cluster so they will have the same homework and field trips. Their lunches will be around the same time as well. I hope Trey's will be too.

I loved Trey's sticker he wore home: 4th grade Here I come! He has a fall birthday, so he'll be ten in September, so it's not strange for me to think he'll be in 4th, but I remember so much about being in 4th grade (Mrs. Castleberry, memorizing all of Utah's county seats, giving a report on the state of Massachusetts and how she would add or take away colored pearls in a box as a reward system), it's hard to believe how many years have passed since I was the student!!

Summer will start with a bang. Swim team starts tomorrow morning, so they'll be no sleeping in around here. I did give Trey the week off for piano. His teacher isn't teaching during the month of June, so I'll be giving him his lessons and making him practice. It never hurts to keep on pushing forward. The boys also brought home their homework packets so Monday morning they'll be working on their math sheets, reading logs and journals. I know spending an hour on school work every morning is the best way to retain all that knowledge they worked so hard to learn over the past ten months. Plus when they get their assignments done, complete their chores and we get back from the pool, I don't care if they are lazy for the rest of the day because I know we did the important things first. (I think this is the one time of the year when I can actually stay on a routine/schedule!)

So here's to summer! I'm so glad it's finally officially here!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

That's great they send home packets to give you some help during the summer. I haven't started figuring out what our schedule will be this summer. But I'm like you. I like doing the school work, chores and get ready for the day first thing....then the rest of the day can just be enjoyed.

Like you, I am WAY better at enforcing chores during the summer when it is not so crazy with school schedules.

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I can't believe how TALL Josh has gotten! He and Trey look like the twins.
My twins are also not close to the same size... Sydney just broke 48 lbs (and she is 8..!) She was the shortest one in Ballet this year (1-2nd graders... she was shorter than the 1st graders!)... While Andrew's not as tall as Josh, he is a good head or more taller than sydney and is nearly 70 lbs...
It's so funny to see how they all grow. ...
Miss you guys! We are getting to "moving" season here and it just makes me sad to think of everyone that has left and is going to leave.... :-(
come up sometime this summer... we'll have to plan it.