Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

I do realize, every single day, what a lucky girl I am to have married Rich. The past thirteen years we have been together have been full of love, friendship, joy and growth. He is my best friend. The person I would go with to the end of the Earth and back, just to share the journey. The man I long to see each and every day he is away. The person that makes anywhere we are home. The one I am blessed to spend forever with.

Rich is a wonderful, hands on and attentive father. He is such a hard worker and never complains about the LONG hours at the hospital and years and years of school he has endured, and still has to endure. From passing board exams to getting up with babies, he does it all with a smile and a positive attitude.

I really wish I was more like him. I love his goodness, his honesty and his longing to be a better person. He is a wonderful example to our children and to me. He is one of those rare people anyone would be proud to emulate. He's the kind of person that makes you better by just being around him. I am so blessed to have him in my life every single day.

So here's to you babe. Happy Father's Day. I love you. More than I can say.
And to my own sweet father, Happy Father's Day to you. You are my hero. You are kind, compassionate, humble and the smartest person I have ever met. Really. Thanks for the love, support, and help throughout my life. I never could find a better father. Ever. I love you!!

No comments: