Friday, August 29, 2008

Random Bits of Life....

Today Josh brought home this fantastic clay gold medal he made a school. I think it's as cool as the real thing. Matt said he'd bring his tomorrow. I love that they learned about the Olympics and went to great lengths to make the kids feel apart of the event. When Rich is at the hospital working and studying the perfect dinner for me and the kids is something I don't have to cook or clean up. Tonight we hit McDonald's. Feed them and get out the energy. Too bad they drank diet Coke the whole time. I think that defeated the purpose of making them tired.The PTA gave every child whose parents joined PTA a stop watch. All three were beaming when they ran into the house today and proudly showed off their new prize. Best $5 I've spent in a long time. The boys kept timing each other going up the play land. I was just glad we were the only ones for a while.After dinner we stopped by to feed the ducks. It actually looked like fall.Trey even made a little pile of leaves. Maybe summer is really on it's way out. You wouldn't know it with the hot temperatures and humidity.The ducks were starving. They loved us. Brynn might have loved them more.Matt's patience worked and he fed the ducks from his hand and got in a quick touch. Cool. Now where's my hand sanitizer?I went to the kitchen cabinet store for the second time today hoping to get replacement hardware for my broken kitchen cupboards. The above photo is showing the new hinge installed and the door closed. I don't think the new option is going to work. I'll be headed back tomorrow for round three.
Brynn getting a lift. No wonder she loves her big brother so.
I was in cleaning up breakfast a few days ago when I heard lots of giggling in the computer room. The girls had discovered the air conditioner. I think Kaitlyn's face says it all.Anytime is a good time for a bath. They are not picky about the location.On Wednesday we went to lunch at the school with the boys. Brynn was so excited to see Trey she sat still and let me put her hair in pigtails. That's true love I tell ya!After too many bouts with red lip gloss on Brynn's shirts I found and gave her a clear version to keep tucked in her bag. While I was driving she told me "eyes" and then broke into laughter. At a stop light I saw this. Gotta love shiny, sticky eyelids. The boys have been begging me to let them walk all the way home. Wednesday I don't carpool so for the last two weeks the boys have walked. The girls sat outside and waited for them to welcome them home. Who wouldn't love that?Our hermit crabs have turned into little celebrities lately. Each child was asked to bring a photo of their pets to school and they will be hung in the library for the entire year. After the needed photos were taken, the crabs roamed free a bit while the girls hovered. They love them.Saturday after the wild hike at Raven Run we hit the pool. It was still like 90 degrees at 7 PM. It was so nice to have Rich with us.The girls show off their skills. "I swimmie. I swimmie." The boys played gutter ball with friends. One night while on my way up stairs I found Matt building this contraption of many pencils and tape.I quickly understood what he was planning on doing with it. Great way to retrieve a lost pencil behind the piano.Brynn opened up a chocolate pudding by herself. We all laughed at how well placed the pudding was.

Life is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. All these little moments of life combined to make up a great life.

Sarah said...

What fun moments you caught! They make me feel like I'm right there with you guys!

I bet it's exciting for the boys to walk home from school. Nice that they're 3 and can stick together. Love the air conditioning pics of the girls. Jeff tells me he and Brad used to huddle around the heating vents both in the bathroom and near the kitchen table.

I can't believe the shells on your crabs! They came decorated like that? Great to see all the pictures!

Vicki said...

It's always a compliment to be compared to you Cheryl (thanks Kristi).

I LOVED the gold medals. That is so awesome. I'm in olympic with-drawls right now. But, finally I have time to blog. We spent way too much time in front of the tv.

Where do you get your energy. I know that almost every other post someone asks you that. The pictures feeding the ducks are so cute. And the air conditioning ones of the girls are darling. I remember as a child in the winter sitting on the heater vents while my mom made my breakfast.

Cute randoms. Those types of posts are always my favorite too. You really get to see the kids personalities.

Marcie said...

I love the air conditioning discovery. I'm thinking both girls could blow dry their hair at the same time......that could come in handy in the near future.

Your shells are incredible. I'm sure they will be the most famous pets in the school with that kind of style.

I love the photos of the girls waiting anxiously for their three brothers to come home. They are darling.