Saturday, August 30, 2008

First and Last in Life.....

Today was the first day of fall baseball.To prepare for the first practice Josh laid out his entire uniform the night before. The first thing Josh did when he woke up at 8 AM was get dressed- belt, socks and all. Practice wasn't until 11 AM.First time Josh and Matt are going to play coach pitch.
First time Trey decided to sit this season out. Instead Trey chose to start learning how to play the piano. He had his first piano lesson today- from me. He'll have his first real lesson with a woman in our ward in October. His first song book was the same one I first used when I took piano as a child. (Thanks Mom for mailing them to us!) After his first bit of instruction, an hour later he was using correct fingering, counting and plunked out Jingle Bells. If only it will be this easy and pleasant to practice. I am afraid the happiness won't last. First time Josh took the camera and had his own photo shoot.You can tell that the last thing on Brynn's mind was posing for Josh. Her first priority was to get her hands on the camera again!First time I ever found a Star Wars action figure taped to my kitchen cupboard. It won't be the last time Matt's creativity astounds me.
First Blue and White day at school was on Friday. It certainly will not be the last....First group photo at the pool at our second to last time we can swim in 2008. The last day it is open is on Monday (Labor Day).First time Kaitlyn and Brynn wore goggles. First time they swam with noodles.Last time for Josh to get an opportunity to squirt his mom while she takes photos. Kaitlyn gets first place for being the best kitchen helper around. She was the first one to lick her beater full of frosting clean.Our first dance impromptu dance session.Not Brynn's first time dressing herself.Not the first nor last fall of the evening.Kaitlyn first wiggles,then jumps and at last needs a rest!First time I got a break all day! Not the last time I'll be watching the girls 'show' (Baby Einstein's World of Animals) with them. Who could resist one last time to cuddle with these cuties before they go to bed?


First and last, it doesn't matter. It's sharing those precious beginnings and endings with the ones you love that make life complete.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true! Hope you had a good snuggle.

Sarah said...

Adorable post! There really is a first time to everything. (I enjoyed Josh's first photo shoot)

Marcie said...

I am laughing at the Star Wars guy stuck to the cupboard....I think that is funny.

Ashlee said...

So CUTE!!!!

Amanda said...

Your girls look like they've grown up so much just since I saw them a couple of months ago. They seem to get cuter and cuter.

What a perfect name for this post. It's so true about firsts and lasts. They are sad and happy at the same time. This morning, when I first went outside, I smelled Fall in the air for the first time this year. I love that smell. I wore a long-sleeved shirt and thought, I'm excited for the end of the summer and the beginning of a beautiful season.

Thanks for sharing.

Kristi said...

Love it. The Star Wars guy made me laugh. That Matt is definitely one of a kind. I can't believe how big and darling your girls are. I miss your sweet kids.

Barney Family said...

Cheryl, your little girls are too cute! They sure keep you busy but, we wouldn't have it any other way!

Kellie