Friday, August 8, 2008

Exploring Lexington

Sometimes it's great to explore far off cities and places and other times it is just great to stay close to home and see what fun you can find there. Today we visited our new Chick-fil-A restaurant for lunch and tried out their play area.I know the girls and I will be back often.Then we visited a store I have long wanted to see, Joseph-Beth Booksellers. Trey even took a class field trip here when he was in 1st grade.To say it is just a bookstore would be like saying December 25th is just another day of the year.It's massive. There is a little water feature behind that over looks a lake. The girls threw in pennies and we all fed the Koi fish.Then we spent an hour in just the children's section. The girls loved the train table and marble toy. Trey sat in the round and devoured as many Bones books as he had time for. And we found the largest selection of Webkinz I've ever seen. Josh and Matt used the last of the birthday funds and bought one each. I'm sure I'll be back, soon. Maybe like next week. This store is like heaven, if only I didn't have 2 littles to chase. At least I can find an endless supply of books to entertain them with!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Chick-fil-a and browsing at a giant bookstore..... too bad we aren't closer, b ecause Alice and I would be up for joining you for that itinerary at least once a week. Sounds perfect.