Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday Tell All: Summer is Sweet

What is your favorite summertime treat?

I have to give credit to the Jackson family for this delicious recipe. Rosie is the queen of the kitchen and whips up a batch of this frozen dessert often in the summer. I gobbled up my fair share while in Utah. Here's the scoop on the best way to cool down on a hot summer day.

Frozen Berry Fruit Blend

1 carton vanilla ice cream
1 carton pineapple sherbet.

In a Bosch mixer or by hand mix the two together. Fold in:

1/2 bag frozen raspberries
1/2 bag frozen blueberries
1/2 bag frozen boysenberries
1 carton fresh strawberries sliced
2 bananas

Freeze in a plastic container.

Wash that down with Jonni's Special Punch.

2 2-liters Fresca
2 cartons Welch's frozen white grape juice.
1/2 bag of ice

Mix together in a large glass jar. Refreshing and not too sweet.

ENJOY!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

YUM! I will have to try that fruit specialty. I actually just served that drink at our last enrichment and it was delicious. It was my friends recipe and was honestly so refreshing and delicious, yet so simple!

Kristi said...

I totally am going to make this. But wait, will my Kitchenaid mixer do, or do I have to use a fancy BOSCH?!? : ) : )

Cheryl said...

Crazy Kristi- Gotta love your honesty. For the record, Jackson's use their Bosch. Yes, I own a Bosch and I have used it once. Yes, once. I make this recipe by hand. It counts as my weightlifting/ arm work out for the day.

Miss you!