Thursday, March 20, 2008

Let the MADNESS begin...

"DANCE THE DAY AWAY"

I've been humming the CBS opening lines for the NCAA men's basketball tournament this morning. The boys are in blue and white (brainwashed for UK) at school today, while Rich, the girls and I are sporting our new Stanford gear. The big day has finally arrived. It's not Christmas eve anymore, Christmas day have arrived!


There are so many games to follow over the next 48 hours. ESPN.com is blinking red LIVE! feeds everywhere your eyes scan. Their is an excitement in the air. I can feel it. Sure, I will only view some of the games later on SportsCenter. But each game matters, even if I can't tell you the name of their starting point guard or 6' 11" center. Why? Because of my brackets baby! Once you write a team's name down to advance, you are rooting for them, pulling for them to come out on top. Like I said, it's magic! (Same thing happens at a horse race, but you didn't hear that from me....)

I was up until 1 AM filling in my ESPN fantasy brackets. I really know little about most of the teams, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to WIN! Rich's family set up the Jackson Bash, while my family has Nance Madness tournament bracket competition. This year it's not just about beating Rich, there is a whole new level of smackdown. And that makes it even more exciting than before. It's not for money, it's for bragging rights for the next 12 months. A lot is at stake.

As I type I have the Xavier vs Georgia game on CBS on low volume. I don't need to watch the actual game, but just knowing it's on, hearing the occasional whistle blow makes my heart leap for joy. Xavier is down by 9 at half time. Can we smell that sweet fragrance of upset? Gotta play those last 20 minutes. Anything can happen. UK vs Marquette tips off in an hour (2:30 PM EST). Stanford tips off at 4:35 PM in Anaheim. Can't wait.

So, if you need me over the next few days. You know where to find me. In front of the TV my friend. Hoping that by Saturday, April 5 I still see North Carolina, Kansas, Memphis and UCLA alive and well. Here's to wishing... I mean winning!!


GO STANFORD!!!!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Your husband has got to LOVE you.

Sally said...

Just got done posting on the same thing. Our families could totally hang out.

Love the girls in their shirts- so dang cute!

Your boys/ husband are sooo lucky to have such a cool Mom!

We'll have to compare brackets in a few days- can't wait to see how you did!

Heather Woolley said...

Cheryl, you are doing awesome on your brackets! I have made a few risky choices and now that Pitt is out, my picks will be pretty off. I had them beating Mich. State. Still hoping for my other teams to do well though! You may be dead on with your final four picks! Compared to the rest of the fam, I really don't know a lot about the teams in great detail, but I love cheering for the teams I've chosen. Love this time of year!