Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter!

While I had been wishing Easter was later in the year, I am happy it's over so I can stop eating so many sweets! Over the past few days I noticed how often I found myself thinking I needed some little treat now and then throughout the day. I finally put all the goodies that tempt me out in the garage. Out of site out of mind. We did have a fun day. The boys sang in sacrament meeting and our bishopric gave the YW lesson so I had a week off. Very nice indeed! The Easter Bunny made a pit stop at our house too.Our Easter bunny is a bit nutty (thanks to Rich's mom's fun tradition). He doesn't make it easy on the boys. They have to follow their yarn around the house in and out of rooms, outside and downstairs in search of their goodies.They weren't pleased I made them sit for pictures first before I let them loose, but they still smiled for most of the shots.Matt kept saying it was his favorite holiday. We'll see if he remembers when Christmas rolls around...While the boys hunted, the girls dug in to their baskets.Kaitlyn didn't even bother unwrapping a few.Brynn thought her bunny was almost too cute to eat.... almost....In the front yard. All the yarn made quiet the stir with the cul-de-sac bunch of buddies.The girls just liked being outside watching the neighbors dogs.Success! Matt as the first one to find his basket (coat closet).Josh was next (downstairs guest bedroom closet).And Trey didn't mind being last. He said the bunny made his harder since he was the oldest. (Storage room pantry).No one was disappointed. We wrapped up the day with a quick trip to Louisville for a turkey dinner with the Hamilton's. Too bad we didn't get there until 6 PM. You know we are ALWAYS on time. OK, that's not true, but we do try. Thanks for the fun feast. We are just excited next week is spring break so we can return, see more friends and hit the zoo and science center. Good times ahead!

1 comment:

Brad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.