Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Birthday Bash for 2!

What a day! It really was a party from start to finish. Never can Brynn and Kaitlyn say I didn't try to make their second birthday special. The celebration actually started the night before when I hung my new Happy Birthday banner from PBK that Rich gave to me on my birthday. When the girls woke up I started singing the Happy Birthday song and showed them their decorations. Every time they looked at the banner they would shout "Happy!", but truth be told, they had no clue it was their birthday. Next year they'll get it. I'm sure. Before we headed to McDonald's Brynn made sure to primp a bit. I found her in my closet with my makeup bag. I was quite impressed with her mascara skills! Unfortunately her hard work was wiped off before we got in the van. Party time! This was by far the cheapest and easiest birthday party ever. I called two friends the night before and asked them to meet us at McDonald's at 12:30 PM. Seven Happy Meals later everyone was happy!
Savannah, Brynn, Sadie and Kaitlyn
Jonni was so sweet and even brought a cake. She didn't even get to stay long enough to cut it. I was so happy I didn't have to go home and bake one. THANK YOU! Sadie and Cameron gave the girls Strawberry Shortcake dolls. They were a huge hit! They did a tiny bit of climbing, but were far more interested in Danielle's new baby boy.Danielle is here visiting her twin sister Tiffany. Minneapolis is just too far away from Kentucky! Savannah provided us with the necklaces and party hats. Thank you!We went home and created a princess paradise while the girls slept. (Love having pink around!) Josh has great balloon blowing skills. It spared me a headache! Kaitlyn was pleased with the decorations.She was SO excited that she managed to squish the cake. Oh well. It still read Happy and that's what they had been saying all day.Soon we were off to Josh and Matt's baseball practice at 5:30 PM. Yup, no rest even on birthdays.Kaitlyn didn't seem to mind too much.Brynn just loved taking drinks of her "juice." Josh in action.When we got home Kaitlyn shows off our party hats.While Brynn models her new "click, click shoes." She makes them click so loud on the floor when she walks. She loves heels. Too cute!Grandpa and Grandma called and Brynn chats like a pro. Of course they had no idea what she was saying.Kaitlyn managed to blow out her candles with some prompting. The boys happily helped Brynn with hers.Soon came the presents. My parents gave the girls some Disney dresses. Kaitlyn loved the Sleeping Beauty dress and Disney princess Polly pocket type dolls from Rich and me.Brynn couldn't put on her Tinkerbell outfit fast enough.
Josh was so nice to assist. She liked it at first, but without much underneath, it was a bit scratchy.Soon she disappeared upstairs and came down with these items to wear. I helped her get them on. Fashion Folly #486. Matt thought the glowing wings were really cool. So did my dad when he saw them at the Disney store in Utah. Good choice!Kaitlyn loved opening the big box from Grandpa and Grandma Blackhair. The girls LOVED their new swimming suits, cups and towels. You know they'll be well used in a few months! And the cute Minnie dresses were worn all day long today! The biggest hit of the night was the new kitchen. I had to get a smaller one so it would fit against the wall in the computer room. We had a bit of trouble sharing the first night, but things have calmed down over the past few days. Thank heavens.Can't believe my baby girls are 2!HAPPY Day!!

6 comments:

Marcie said...

Can't believe they are two either. LOVE all the dressup clothes! We don't have any girl pretend wear....good ideas for Alice's two year old birthday.


I love all your decorations. I'm sure the girls were in pink heaven when they woke up.

It is so fun that your girls have each other. It is just perfect.

Happy Birthday girls!

p.s. I love the PB banner. I'm sure it will get lots of use over the years.

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I love your crown! That pic of you and the girls is soo cute..
kari used to only want to wear shoes that clicked.. she called them her "clicking" shoes.. it must be a girl thing.. prep. for all those high heels to come!

Vicki said...

So many cute pictures. I just don't see how you get so many things done in your day. It looked like a great 2nd birthday for the girls.

I too loved the "crown" picture of you and the girls.

Baseball season is already killing us. Too many practices for these boys. I don't know what I'm going to do when Molly starts "doing" activities as well. Something has to give.

Happy Birthday Brynn and Kaitlyn!!!

Jen said...

Happy birthday again, cute girls. Cheryl I miss you! You are my Mcd's and burger king buddy. Here people look at me like i'm a nut job if I want to take the kids to Mcd's. I don't get it, but I miss you! It looks like the girls had a great birthday and I'm so glad. You are such a sweet mom.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday to the girls! I cant believe they are two already. Princess dresses are the best--my girls STILL love to play dress up with them.

Heather Woolley said...

Oh Cheryl,

You sure know how to throw a party. Very cute pictures! I'm so sad because I sent something for the girls' birthday in hopes that it would get there in plenty of time to arrive before or at least ON their birthday. I'm so sorry. I wish it had arrived for them on their big day, but hopefully it will arrive soon and it will maybe make their birthday celebration stretch out a few days longer.