Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Straight from their mouths....

Trey and Matt were battling it out in the basement playing Star Wars Battlefront II on the PS2.  As they shot, dodged and fought various enemy forces in the game, Brynn noticed they were beating up a few Wookiees as well.  She ran towards them and shouted, "Boys, boys.  Stop!  You are hurting the Happy Bears!" 

Brynn had been begging me for months to purchase new pair of red ruby slippers.  Unfortunately the pair she owned were now too small.  Every time we visited Target, we would make our way to the shoes to check to see if they had restocked their supply of red glitter shoes.  Last week we were delighted to see red sparkles when we walked down the aisle.  Brynn rarely takes her new shoes off and is so polite when she repeatedly thanks me for buying her new "Dorky" shoes.

The girls were in search of Q-tips and asked me where they were so they could use them to get the "whack" out of their ears.

We were all pitching in cleaning the house when Brynn informed me that she was going to "dusk" all the tables, piano and lampshades.

Summertime means fresh fruit at every meal.  For lunch one day I decided to make up a big bowl of fruit salad we could munch on and take to the swim meet.  I added watermelon, honeydew, strawberries, cantaloupe and grapes.  Josh came over to see what I was making and told me, "I like all of that fruit, except the mildew." 

As I bathed the girls before bed, the full effects of a long afternoon of swimming were found in the girls' dark tan legs and backs, with a hint of pink on their shoulders.  I asked the girls if their skin was at all tender or sore.  "No."  I told them to look at each other's backs so they could see the outline of their swimsuits visible on their skin.   Just then Brynn exclaimed, "Mom, you forgot to put sunscream on us today!"  Oops. 

When the sun goes down it is officially "bednight" to the girls.

Our next door neighbors went to the lake over the holiday weekend and had a jet ski in their driveway.  Kaitlyn saw it parked there as we loaded the car to go to the pool.   She pointed over toward their yard and said, "Mom, they went boat crusin' with that!"

We were discussing names one night over dinner.  We brought up the fact that Trey's real name is Richard, just like his dad and grandpa.  The boys asked why Grandpa Jackson went by the name Dick when his name is Richard.  We said it is a nickname just like Trey is.  I also pointed out that Dick was a popular name and that there is a well known book series called "Dick and Bob."   I didn't realize the slip of my tongue until Rich started laughing and Trey quickly pointed out that it was Dick and Jane not "Dick and Bob" like Grandpa and his identical twin brother.

The girls' bedroom door was shut and I went in to see if Brynn needed some help getting dressed.  As I entered she had her back towards me and she didn't hear me enter.  As she turned around, I startled her.  She let out a little yelp and then declared, "Mom, you are scaring the heck in me!"

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Love that you record all these cute things. I'll make sure Todd does a thorough job getting the "whack" out of his patients' ears...

Shelly said...

What cute memories. I had to laugh at the q-tip one. Hannah loves to try to find Q-tips in order to get the "glock" out of her ears.