Saturday, July 17, 2010

Man of War Swim Conference Pep Rally

To help swimmers prepare for the conference meet the following day, all Pinnacle Pirates and families were invited to the pep rally at our pool, where conference will be held.  It was a night of food and fun.

Dinner was provided: Papa John's Pizza, sandwiches, drinks and snacks



swimmers signed chairs for all the coaches


Kids made posters to show their team spirit



I wish these two little ladies could one day be Pirate swimmers!  They do too.
There was music
and dancing
and a parent relay. 
I died laughing when I saw they had beer cans attached to wire and they dangled them underwater at then end of the lane with the hope it would make the dads swim faster!  Each parent that participated in the relay got a cold beer at the end.
Note the beer cans and wire just to the left of Josh
They also had a relay between the coaches, the parents and the lifeguards.  The lifeguards lost.  The announcer joked that it if you need help, it would be best to be in the shallow end of the pool.  Ouch!

The girls and their friend Addison
The scissors and clippers came out last.

I asked Matt if he wanted to shave his head.  His face said it all: (Mom, you can't possibly be serious!)
Go Pirates!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

So many great things associated with your swim team.

I'm sure Rich was devasted that he wasn't there to swim for the beer:)

Kristi said...

I'm so glad all those blasted meets are over for you. Your plate is full enough. LOVE the photo of your cute kiddos at the end. Darling!

Heather Woolley said...

I'm with Kristi, I love the last photo of your kids. They are the best smilers for the camera! Although it looks like fun, wow, it sounded busy, so I'm glad it's all over for you too!