Thursday, July 8, 2010

Josh and Matt's Birthday

June 29, 2010
Josh and Matt turned NINE!!!
The set up. I had a freak out moment while decorating when I realized I had forgotten to purchase Mylar balloons. I never forget those. The bad thing was it was 1 AM and Rich said no way to my plan to head to the store to buy some. I even called Kroger to make sure they had them. Rich nixed that plan when he hid my wallet. Wise move on his part, but I wasn't too pleased. I am sure the boys didn't notice, even though it annoyed me to no end.

How did my twin baby boys grow up SO fast?! I can't believe they were baptized a year ago. For some reason, nine just seems and sounds so much older than eight.  In my mind, I still feel like they are seven. Weird, I know, but I have a hard time believing they were celebrating their fifth birthday when we moved here and now they are nine. Crazy.


Such handsome fellas.
While I forgot the balloons, at least the party poppers were a huge hit!


Pure delight.
Josh's new Stanford shirt didn't come in the mail in time, so Rich took the shirt of his back (literally) and I wrapped up this bigger version of his that was coming.
Cards from Grandma Whitehair (Great-grandma Nance)

Package from Utah.

We took a trip to Chuck-E-Cheese.


This cake was a surprise. It was a Cookies and Cream ice cream cake. Kaitlyn helped me pick it out the day before and knew where it was hidden in the freezer. She pulled it out for breakfast. Luckily we distracted her and waited until evening to cut it.


This was the first year they shared a cake, so we made sure to put on lots of candles to blow out.

We have a tradition that a quarter is magically found in the birthday person's cake. Josh and Matt had a lengthy discussion about the difficulty Wal-mart must have had putting TWO quarters in one cake. (Sneaky huh!)


Alec and Ethan Kramer came over that night bearing gifts. The crew spent most of the night playing all their new PS2 and Wii games. We had a second round of treats with their friends.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHUA and MATT MATT!! We love you!!!!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Such good looking boys!

Your birthday tables are always so spectacular. Just filled with fun surprises. What a memorable way to wake up on your birthday morning......I laughed about the balloons. We all know I get a little crazy about details that only I think are necessary....totally understand.