Thursday, July 8, 2010

Nine!!


Joshua Nance Jackson and Matthew Nance Jackson are nine years old!

I can't believe they are only one year away from double digits. They are such wonderful boys and we are so blessed to have them in our lives.

As I think back to the day we welcomed them into the world, I was overwhelmed by the fact I now had three boys under the age of two. I vividly recall just a week after they were born sitting in my parents home thinking my life was going to be tough for the next few years. And it was, but in the best way too.

As they grew, we started making our own family traditions. We were weekly visitors to the Louisville Zoo and Science Center. There were Halloween parties, Christmas lists, basketball games, movie nights, Chick-fil-A dates and preschool programs.

Our lives were filled with joy and laughter and Star Wars toys and baseball bats. They (Trey, Josh and Matt) made our lives richer and fuller and better, each passing day.

In some ways Josh and Matt don't seem like twins. Not because they are physically different or that there were always three and not just two little boys running around, but because they are unique and special in their own way. I love that. Those are the things that add spice to life.

And yet, I know that twins do have a special bond. Heavenly Father knew they had a special purpose and relationship to each other and sent them down together and entwined their lives in a way that is hard to define.

I love my boys. I love all my children. I love each day I can spend with them. I love being their Mom. I love that I'm the one that gets to share in their victories, wipe away their tears and give them love and encouragement.

I love you Josh and Matt. You make us so proud. Not just on June 29th, but every day of the year.

Happy Birthday.

JOSH-

1. I love his dimples, baby blue eyes and sweet smile. He has lots of hair and likes to keep it longer, but never complains when I pull out the clippers to give him a trim.

2. He often notices jobs needing to be done and will quietly complete them without being asked. He's a real helper and will go out of his way to help me or his siblings.

3. He is always the first one to complete his homework and chore list. He is thorough and always does his best.

4. He isn't much of a TV guy or gamer and can often be found with me or Rich visiting. He's funny and fun to be around.

5. I love to tease Josh and give him a hard time about silly things. He'll roll his eyes at me and then proceed to give me a dose of my own medicine.

6. He's got amazing hand eye coordination. He can shoot a basketball, throw a mean fast ball with deadly accuracy and swims the butterfly at meets.

7. He's the biggest nine year old I know. His feet are the same size as mine (women's 8 1/2). He's tall and looks a lot older than he is.

8. I love that he will still call me Mommy and loves me to tuck him in bed and gives me a goodnight kiss.

9. He's smart. He does excellent in school and was in the gifted and talented class this past year.  He is a great example and is a friend to all.

MATT-

1. Matt is a deep thinker. He will ponder things. He will analyze things. Then he will explain it all to you. He's bright, inventive and oh so quotable. Having a conversation with Matt is never, ever dull.

2. Matt is a gifted at creating things. He can take a few pieces of this and that and whip up one amazing set up with working pulleys, hooks and guns. He builds the most comprehensive, incredible set ups I've ever seen. I love to take pictures of them. He could be one highly sought after designer in the future.

3. He's a walking, talking encyclopedia of Star Wars knowledge. He collects the Galatic Heroes. He checks out the most amazing books from the library. He knows the movies and characters. If you ever need to know who is who among the Star Wars ranks, Matt's your guy.

4. Matt is the most handsome glasses wearing guy I know. I love his beachy look in the summer when his hair has golden highlights and a tan on his face. Mark my word, he's going to be a lady killer. For sure.

5. I love that Matt is my green man. He loved it when I bought him green socks. Even his goggles and bungees are green. He just looks incredible in head to toe green.

6. Matt is the easiest person I know to shop for. He loves anything. He loves toys and the toys he loves are ones I consider to be so awesome they are collectible. No wonder he had buckets and buckets of toys. He won me over years ago. The basement toy bins prove it.

7. Matt is a whiz at math. He scored in the 100th percentile on the national exam. He can do problems in his head that I might need sheet of paper or calculator. Matt turned into a reading machine this year. He's crusin' through chapter books and did outstanding on his end of the year reading exam.

8. Matt is the king of soccer. He's quick so he can score or stop the ball when playing goalie. I know his coaches are going to be sad when he moves.

9. Matt is my fella. He gives me the best hugs, kisses and compliments. He is sweet and sincere. He is polite and appreciative. And he loves having special time with me. He's a joy to be around.

1 comment:

Marcie said...

LOVED these lists. What great, great kids.....and that they came down together is certainly extra special.