Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One SWEET day

I can't think of a better way to spend a morning in December- with great friends making homemade caramel. Yup, pretty sweet deal if you ask me. The girls and I headed over to Ashlee's for a little play date. Tiffany and her girls were there too. I can't say I learned how to make Ashlee's special recipe since all I did was stir the pot a time or two, but Ashlee knew what she was doing. The caramel was delicious. We dipped apples, pears and pretzels, then drizzled them with milk chocolate, white chocolate, toasted pecans and crushed candy canes. Like I said, it was good stuff. Thankfully our creations were a bit sticky and the wax paper held tight, helping us decided to bag the idea of making these treats as gifts and just keep them all for ourselves. Good plan. The kids played (and got in a push or two....) and the morning was gone before we knew it. Savannah, Kaitlyn, Mac and BrynnGotta love how moms can multi-task!We brought home way too much, but a few hours later nothing was left! Thanks Ashlee for the fun. My mind is already working on what yummy thing to make next!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Love all the pictures. It really was a fun day. I love our Babysitters club:) Can't wait for tomorrow.

Tiffany said...

my favorite part is that we kept them all for ourselves! yum yum! i love all your pictures, you do such a good job!

Tiffany said...

my favorite part is that we kept them all for ourselves! yum yum! i love all your pictures, you do such a good job!