Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In love....

I saw these in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog a month ago and was smitten.

The only stockings we own are four inches high and purely for decoration.

I could picture these lovely ones on my own mantel for years to come.

BUT they were full price and I certainly was not going to pay for shipping.

A week went by and I noticed online they were selling out fast, so I put my dream aside.

A few days later I checked again and not only were the stockings on sale, they had restocked and shipping was free.

I knew what I wanted for Christmas- stockings.

I knew I had to act fast.

As I put them in my cart, the snowman sold out. Not good.

Then the reindeer was next- no longer available it read.

Drat. This wasn't working out at all.

So I called customer service. Twice.

And the PBK store in Louisville.

And Cincinnati.

And Columbus.

And Nashville.

And I found the snowman and reindeer there.

Perfect.

The rest I bought online.

Christmas came early yesterday and it did not disappoint.

I am totally in love.

They just need to be embroidered, but that can wait. I have my dream stockings.

I am one HAPPY girl.

Very happy indeed.
Matt- airplane, Brynn- ballerina, Trey- Santa, Rich- nutcracker, Kaitlyn- ballerina, Cheryl- snowman, Josh- reindeer

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I love that Rich is a nutcracker. : )

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

Oh- those are good stockings.. we ordered ones from Lands End the year after the twins were born, they are really pretty stockings but not very big. Santa has a hard time stuffing them every year. Those look like they are a good size, Santa can fill them up with goodies :-)

Laura F said...

We have the PBK stockings from last year, and I LOVE them! I bought the matching tree skirt on their after-christmas sales for something like $20 and I just bought one more stocking for Matt on ebay this year - they're so cute!!! I was so excited to put the whole picture together this year. :-) I love that they're so soft and seem to be well-made on the inside, I can't stand stockings that make it hard to get things in and out of them. We didn't fill them completely last year, but I love their big size - it's easy to hide toys inside so it's not just massive amounts of candy. Hope Santa likes yours this year, too! :-)

jamie said...

walker has the train stocking and I just bought olivia the ballerina one. Thanks for the heads up on free shipping! :) I LOVE these stockings.