Sunday, December 7, 2008

Goodbyes

SUNDAY

This day came with mixed emotion. I loved attending church with my family, but knew that evening they would have to leave. Thankfully we will be heading back to Utah in just a few weeks for Christmas and Rosie's wedding, so we won't be apart for long. I hate saying goodbye without knowing when we will be together again.

We went to church at 9 AM and the boys loved sitting by Rhett. Rich was in nursery and I had to teach my young women's class, but I was able to sit with them through Sunday School. They were able to meet a few of our friends and get to see what a wonderful ward we belong to.

My mom whipped up a post Thanksgiving leftover feast and we tried to enjoy last moment together. We played a game of Apples to Apples, my Mom wrote a letter to Kurt who is serving a mission in Taiwan and my Dad read stories to the girls.

Their flight left from Cincinnati at 8:40 PM so they had to leave us by 5 PM. We were sad to see them go, but we will always treasure our Kentucky Thanksgiving spent here in Lexington. It really was a wonderful, perfect weekend that we all will never forget.

Brynn impressed all with her wide array of fashion choices.

WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: