Friday, November 14, 2008

Life

Today was a very rare day- one that didn't have any appointments or lists or places to rush to and from. A true 'free day' in my book.

You see it was one of the first days that I didn't have a sick child home from school

Illness Report Card
Friday:Matt
Saturday/Sunday: Brynn and Kaitlyn
Monday: Trey
Tuesday: Matt

Or didn't have one thing on my schedule

Tuesday: Veterans Day program, science fair project
Wednesday: play group, boy scouts
Thursday: lunch with the boys, Wal-mart, post office, Trey basketball, R.S. Book Group at my house

So it felt to nice to just stay put.

I tackled and completed washing all the bedding in the house and remaking six beds. Not quite fun, but it is so wonderful to sleep in clean sheets.

The highlight of my day was easy to choose. It was just being with my two cuties. Yes, besides laundry, cleaning up the kitchen and making dinner we didn't do much on the job check list, but I think what we did do was FAR more important than any chore, list or event.

We just played and played and played. I dressed no less than 2o Disney princesses, combed at least 8 Barbie's hair, swaddled and fed 4 babies twice, danced and sang along to Enchanted, played a few fierce games of Barnyard Bingo, Hi Ho Cherrio and Oreo mix and match and assisted in some fabulous outfit changes.

And I went to bed happy knowing that my two sweeties knew without a doubt that their Mama loved them. With my whole heart and soul. Outfit selection #4: All by herself!
This photo makes me have flashbacks of the 80's. Yes, the girls put these colorful concoctions together all on their own. I just don't have the talent for matching items like they do.

Brynn's version of Ariel.
Love you crazy girls!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

I LOVE all the dress ups. Just two days ago Alice discovered the Alice in Wonderland dress I bought her at Disneyland when she was a baby. The plan was always for her to have a AIW tea party for her third birthday.

She was absolutely THRILLED to find the dress and has worn it for three days straight.

The girls look so cute.....It is too perfect that they have each other to admire and help with the picking out.

Ohh, clean sheets. This post just may inspire me to wash all of ours....which are long overdue.

Marcie said...

p.s. Alice and I LOVE Enchanted too.....and it really does have some perfect "twirl around the family room together" songs.