Friday, November 21, 2008

Let it snow!!

I haven't been feeling as Matt would say, 'all holly and jolly' yet and that was fine by me. I wanted to enjoy all Thanksgiving had to offer before I rushed into the next holiday. In fact, I thought it was strange to see Wal-mart decked out with Christmas displays and full size trees two weeks before Turkey day and hear Christmas carols blasting on the overhead sound system. I haven't set out on my Santa shopping extravaganza and I haven't made any gifts for family yet. Sure, we have happily eaten through four boxes of candy canes, but that was even pushing my limit.But all my set in stone feelings melted as quickly as a tiny bit of ice that lands on your palm when this unexpectedly arrived last night. As each snowflake fell I felt Christmas magic start to flow through my veins. As we drove through the winter scene on the way to Trey's basketball practice I though of the old classic song Silver Bells and the phrase, " Strings of street lights, Even stop lights, Blink a bright red and green." I put on the Chipmunk Christmas Song and we sang along. I finally let the idea of Christmas sink and knew I ready for it to arrive. When we got home the boys and girls laughed, chased and fell in the snow. A winter wonderland. I think the song from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas sums it up best.
Fah who for-aze! Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze! Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas, Welcome Christmas,
Come this way! Come this way!
Fah who for-aze! Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze! Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas, Welcome Christmas,
Christmas Day. Christmas Day.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

We got a few flurries, but no accumulation. Lucky you! I say if it's going to be cold, it might as well be pretty with a few snow flakes...

Marcie said...

Yeah for the first snow. Definitely a reason to break out the chipmunk music.

Laura F said...

We REALLY need some snow here! Hopefully it's after we get the lights up, though. :-0