Monday, November 10, 2008

Life Lessons Learned....

Do not cry over spilled milk Or weep over overflowing toilets. Issues like these arise far to often. Why would you want to waste precious minutes of life unhappy about things that do not matter? Brynn and Kaitlyn certainly agree. I mean seriously, does Brynn look at all fazed by this massive disaster around her? Nope, not one bit! (PS These two messes happened with 2 minutes of each other. Nice.... Thanks girls for trying to help me perfect my fast cleaning abilities)Rub a dub dub. All my kids can fit in the tub. But I am left wondering if anyone left any cleaner than when they got in? (I was shocked to come upstairs and find all five in the water. Unexpected. Very unexpected.)An apple a day keeps the doctor away. I would have believed that statement this past month since Rich was on call Sunday- Sunday twice and is 2 for 2 having to go to the hospital while on home call. But I think I'll be having everyone of us eating these crisp, sweet fruits if it will ward off ER visits!Browsing a rack of clothes at home is far better than at the store. You can try any item on without having to find a dressing room. And you love everything there is to offer, since you already liked it enough to buy it!It never hurts to go along with your 2 1/2 year old daughters photo shoot. You might get lucky and find a shot or two that actually shows your face. How pleased she was with her results as we browsed through her pics afterwards. Moral support from family is wonderful when heading to the doctor's office to get a new cast on and off. Food and drinks taste better when you sneak a bite or sip. Really. Just ask Brynn.Kaitlyn's motto is: Have fun with your food! (She must me MY daughter with that salt shaker in hand....)
Lincoln Logs are just as fun for my kids to build with as they were for me. So is hide and seek.
You NEVER can have too many bags, strollers or food. You just never know when one or two or seven would come in handy, especially at lunch time. A child that loves to help is a blessing. Most of the time. I usually don't shuck corn inside the house and leave the silk and husk strewn throughout the entire main floor. You can never give enough praise or show too much delight in a work of art created by your child. Their imagination and creative ability amazes me each day.If you find flowers on sale (say, like a dozen long stem roses for $3.99!), buy them. It is not wasted money. Flowers brighten your day and lift the soul.
But the fresh blossoms are even sweeter when hand picked and given to you by someone you love! You are never too young to wear a backpack and tote a lunchbox when visiting big brothers at school. It's always good to feel like you fit in.BrynnKaitlyn. Playing dress in Halloween costumes is FUN even after Halloween. And last but not least, I realized after reading a bit of the book Eat, Shoots and Leaves I know with 100% surety that I am indeed not a punctuation stickler. In fact, when reading many of the authors examples I would be as guilt as the accused. (I would bet money that there are at least two or more errors in this paragraph alone!) Sorry to all you brilliant punctuation people for having to read my MANY mistakes. Maybe at the conclusion of the book I will be do better. But I am doubtful. It just does not come naturally.

Seems life is making me a bit wiser everyday. I love hands on learning!!

5 comments:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the mess... you have such a good attitude about it.. it's a good example for me.
Also- I was going to tell you- when kari had her cast we used Glad Press and Seal on it to keep it dry during her baths... it worked like a champ! (it looks like he got a 2nd cast... did he?)
Hope you guys are having a great Nov...

Ashlee said...

Glad you updated. I was worried, I didn't see you Sunday.

Love all the pictures especially the one Brynn took of you. Glamorous.

Marcie said...

Too bad that Trey had to do the cast thing again..poor boy.

Oh, boy do I understand the toilet and milk messes. I think I have fished out at least 3 full rolls of toilet paper out of the toilet just this week.....my boys never did that.

I have seen you in action and highly doubt that your fast cleaning skills could be improved. You have serious skills.

Sarah said...

I smiled through this entire post! So many unexpected things with kids! And especially with kids with such adventurous spirits!

Can't believe all the kids can fit in the tub and that they all willingly jumped in there. Sad to see the spilled milk and the overflowing toilet. Glad to see your own photo shoot with the girls who are getting so big!

kara jayne said...

fun post, and i'm sure you've noticed that i'm SERIOUSLY punctuation challenged!!