Friday, July 31, 2009

Straight from their mouth....

I had Matt run an a quick errand here in the house and upon his return I said, "Thank you, dear."

He looked at me and stated, "Mom. I am a boy. I would be a buck. Not a deer."

_______________________

We needed to run a quick errand close to home and decided against driving the van since its constant beeping is driving us all insane, so we took Rich's car instead.

Josh was riding shot gun and the girls were strapped in the back seats, leaving only a tiny space between boosters for Matt to squish into. And there was no seat belt for the Matt Man.

As Matt climbed in, he realized what a tight spot he would be required to mash himself into and simply stated, "Let me get this straight. I have to ride in the dangerous tight spot, because Josh is fat?!"

He keeps me laughing.

______________________

As I tried my best to get the kids in bed alone while Rich is working nights, I had enough of the boys' stalling techniques and games and told them to GO TO BED.

Matt came out of his room into the hallway, where I was putting jammies on the girls.

"Sorry about that Mom. You see, when boys get older they, well, how do I put this? They become obnoxious. We just can't help it."

He continued on.

"And as girls get older, they just want to go to the mall and start shopping."

Man, this kid seems to have life figured out at seven-years-old.

No comments: