Saturday, July 4, 2009

Newport Aquarium

We knew the perfect way to spend Matt and Josh's special birthday would be to visit the Newport Aquarium in Newport, Kentucky. It is on the banks of the Ohio River and across from the river from Cincinnati. Rich worked a previous holiday, so he used that 'bonus day' for a day off. It was so wonderful to be together.
This was Brad and Jana's first visit to Cincinnati.
Daddy's girl
Brad and Brynn. I think they look very similar.
The BIRTHDAY BOYS!!
Trey feels a horseshoe crab.
The Frog BogJellyfishThe Shark Tubes
Petting sharks
This was my fourth trip to the aquarium, but only Rich's second. The last time he visited it was back in 2001 when I was pregnant with Josh and Matt and we came up with the Alcorns. It was such a treat to have Rich with us. We loved being all together, especially on Matt and Josh's birthday.
Brad and Jana had never been to Cincinnati, so we headed into the city and had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Chili's. The birthday boys were excited to celebrate their big day with a delicious feast!
Happy Birthday Josh and Matt! What a way to make your eight birthday memorable!

2 comments:

Laura F said...

I LOVE the shark pictures! We missed seeing the sharks at Sea World this summer and I was so bummed. I'll have to just make the trip to Cincinnati, I guess!

Heather Woolley said...

I'm reading your blog from top to bottom tonight. I am LOVING the pictures of your whole family together! I'm so, so glad you are in more of these pictures. You look SO beautiful. I can't believe Josh and Matt are eight now! I'm tempted to hop on a flight to Kentucky for their baptisms too!!! Oh, I wish we could be there. It just feels like it's been too long since we last saw you all!