Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July!!
While we would have loved to have joined my parents at the Freedom Festival Parade in Provo this morning or spent the evening swimming, having a BBQ and watching the Stadium of Fire fireworks from the Jackson's backyard, we feel blessed to be here in Lexington surrounded by such incredible people who always make us feel so welcome and at home.

The weather was cool and rainy for most of the day making it nice to sleep in, have a late brunch, stay inside, watch Wimbledon, clean closets (Rich), blog (me) and just be together.
Later this evening we went over to the Grigg's home for some 4th of July festivities. You simply can't have the 4th of July with out family, friends, food and fireworks. We had plenty of each this year. The boys had a blast trying to break the pinata.
Matt proudly wore the piece he managed to break off.The candy!Brynn couldn't wait to light our fireworks she helped me pick out the day before.
There was a kitchen full of desserts to enjoy.
And plenty of fireworks and sparklers.
What little boy does not LOVE to light fireworks? Mine did not leave the front yard until every one had been exploded.
They had quite an assortment.
For me, Independence Day is a wonderful time for reflection, gratitude and appreciation for my life, my family and for those who have sacrificed everything for the freedoms we enjoy today. I am blessed with an amazing husband, children I adore, a religion I know to be true and a life I am lucky to live.

Life is good. God bless America. God bless us all.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You look BEAUTIFUL. I wish you could have joined us in big, beautiful Wyoming for some illegal fireworks. I swear your girls are more beautiful by the minute. Missing you....

Heather Woolley said...

Your girls have the most beautiful eyes! Kaitlyn is such a little Rich and Brynn is the cutest little mini Cheryl. So adorable. Thinking about you guys so much! Only weeks to go until your baby arrives! Can't wait to hear the news!

I love that I can enlarge your pictures on your blog now! I hadn't been able to do that in the past. I love all the pictures. I am so glad there is one of you on here too! I know you are always the one behind the camera, but it's nice to see your beautiful face on here too!