Saturday, July 4, 2009

It's great to be EIGHT!!

Josh and Matt turned EIGHT on Monday, June 29th. What a special birthday this is. They will be baptized on July 18, 2009. Our parents are flying out from Utah and Jeff and Sarah are driving down from Milwaukee for the big event.
The table was filled with packages mailed from loved ones. These were sent from Grandma 'Whitehair' aka Great-Grandma Nance. They are baptism books.Jana and Brad surprised them with gifts.The hits of the day were Matt's new DSi (Trey promptly tried to take it over) and Josh's basketball shooting game.I made cakes that night, but after our long day in Cincinnati, we ate them the next afternoon. Josh's yellow cake with chocolate frosting.Matt requested a chocolate cake with chocolate pudding in the middle and chocolate frosting.What do you do when you realize you do not have any candles? Well, when your birthday is close to the 4th of July, you can always use sparklers! (And no, our smoke detectors did not go off.)Now all the boys have their own Nintendo DS. It make for a quiet ride up to Cincinnati for Brad and Jana with all the boys in the back silently playing their games. I think we have a bit of an addiction if you ask me...No birthday for Matt would be complete without new Star Wars action figures.And Josh picked out a bike from Toys-R-Us.Very loved boys (and a tiny bit spoiled), but well deserved too.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I cannot believe that the boys are eight years old. I was their nursery leader. WOW!!! They are both so cute and I love Matt's glasses. Did he just get them recently?

Your 4th of July looked so fun. Your girls are too darling and look so old. I miss the Stadium of Fire too. We always either went, or watched the fireworks from my parents yard. I also love the picture of you and Rich. You look great. Remind me when your due date is again.

I'm sorry I missed you at chick-fil-a right before Kristy left. I think I was at girls camp or something.

I love to catch up with you. Keep posting:)

Laura F said...

That's a big birthday!!! Congratulations you guys, and I look forward to the baptism post!