Friday, May 13, 2011

Random bits of life....

I tell the boys time and time again that the toilet is not a proper place to hang your wet towel.  I found two draped over it today.  Seriously, WHY?!   Looks like laundry is now on the top of my 'to do' list.

Wednesday the temperature gage in my car read 93 outside.  Add in the humidity and it felt like the upper 90's.  We were dripping in sweat at soccer and baseball practice.  I seriously didn't enjoy our cold and wet April like I should have.  Plus, this house is not very energy efficient and it is almost impossible to cool down the upstairs, where the bedrooms are.  When the temperature in the kitchen read 89 degrees inside I knew opening the windows and fans were not enough.  The A/C was switched on, but I knew we were doomed for a rough, hot night.  Thank heavens it is supposed to rain later today and cool us down.

Josh's first four baseball games were canceled due to rain.  We are making up them at a record pace with FOUR baseball games this week.  He played on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and has a game on Saturday.  Throw in soccer practice and piano lessons too and I realize why I never cook dinner....

Rich has to be in Columbus, Ohio this weekend for a review course.  Josh's baseball game and girls' soccer game are across town at the same time.  I am going to drop Josh off a half an hour early (which is actually how they like it), get the girls to their game, then rush back to see the end of Josh's game.  They usually last two hours (oh so long), so I should be safe.  Fingers crossed.

Josh hit his first HOME RUN of the season last night.  It was really exciting.  He told me he could hear me yelling while he was running the bases.  I am sure I didn't look that foolish right?  Probably easy to guess whose mom I was...  I also laughed when Rich told me a lady sitting by us who was cheering for the other team was joking about asking #34 (Josh) to see his drivers license to check his age.  It was kind of funny, but Josh does tower over most (okay, all) the kids in the league (and third grade).

Matt has turned into a READING MACHINE!  He flew through the entire Percy Jackson series in two months.  He now is almost done with Beyonders and he started that this week.  When he reads scriptures out loud each night with his dad and brothers (I read the Book of Mormon reader with the girls in their room) he reads the word like a pro.  The only problem is that Matt gets so into his books he forgets about practicing his piano, doing his homework or even eating.  He's obsessed, but I can't blame him.  I'd do the same too if I didn't have kids I had to take care of.

The girls only have one more dance class and then recital.  I was so sad to tell the teacher that I didn't need the the forms for the fall classes.  It's been such a great dance studio.  I'm almost hate to leave. 

I finally started packing yesterday.  I had attempted to get the girls' room in order a few weeks ago but had to slice open all the boxes of winter clothes I had stored after the temperatures got down near freezing.  I managed to get through three closets, boxed up the coats and tackled the girls disaster of a room.  It took all day.  It is so great to see their floor again, but the pile of boxes will have to be moved to the basement ASAP.  Zach thinks he has a personal jungle gym in the living room.

School is almost done.  The girls have two weeks, the boys have three.  I can't believe that we've been in Cincinnati since August and our time here has nearly run out.  I wouldn't have guessed that when we moved, but time doesn't stand still.  Ever.

Don't get me wrong, I am THRILLED that Rich will finally be done with his training, but change is never easy.  Our future is so undecided.  Our house in Kentucky is still for sale.  We have no idea where we should live.  We don't have a place.  The idea of moving all of our stuff into a storage unit makes me sick.  But we have family and I think we can figure it all out when we are there.  The unknown is never very fun. 

It will all work out.  It really will.  I just can't wait until I can look back and see how we got there.

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Way to go Josh! A boys on Hayden's team hit an in the park grand slam last night. All the boys tackled him on home plate. It was so cute. Baseball is my favorite sport to watch the boys play.....good thing since we're doing it at least four times a week.

I don't know how you are surviving with Rich gone.....after school craziness is a killer.

Hayden loved the Beyonders also. Has Matt read the Gregor the Overlander series? Hayden recently loved that also.

I'd also ignore everything else to read if I could, Hayden's just the same. Good thing these boys have Mother's who understand the disease :)

We need you back here so Hayden and I can trade books with you and Matt.

Thinking of you and praying for it to all work out for the best. So sorry for all of the major stress right now.

Stephanie said...

Isn't it crazy to think that we are almost done! And very scary that we don't have a place to live? We are just like you in that boat. Good job starting to pack, I am delaying that process until my mom and mother-in-law come out to help with the new baby :) See you in Utah soon!

Sally said...

Exciting thing happening in the next few weeks for you guys.

A home run! Doesn't get any better. I love that he could hear you yelling. He'll know for sure that his Mom is his number one fan.

Laughing at the Drivers license comment because I nearly demanded a birth certificate for a girl named Violet that played against Olivia's soccer team last week. I swear that girl was 14.

I can't believe that Marcie and Kristi haven't found a house for you. I would think they'd have your future {schools, clubs, dance, teams} pretty planned out by now and that you'd be directly between the two!

Hang in there...something will work out!

Amanda said...

Come to Lindon, it's the best. There's a house across the street for sale. It's a great house and it's selling at a great price. We would love to have you close.