Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


My family did an outstanding job of making me feel so special all day long! I was woken up early with a paper and pen hanging over my face. Josh need the recipe for pancakes. Soon after yummy aromas were floating in my room as I tried to go back to sleep. It's wasn't long before Trey and Josh proudly came into our room with the fanciest, most delicious breakfast in bed I've ever had. It was impressive! Bacon, egg whites with turkey, cheese and tomatoes and homemade waffles.

Later Josh and Matt gave me flower pens they made at school. They were perfect since Kaitlyn also made a pen and a flower pot with beans to put it in. Brynn made me a beautiful fancy pin, that I wore with pride on my dress.

Zach even made me a darling little card in nursery. Rich brought him into my classroom after church and my back was to the door so I didn't see him. I heard a sweet 'Mama' and when I turned around there was little Z proudly showing me his work. I'll never forget that.

Rich found treats for me from Stanford and the biggest hit of the day were the See's chocolates he bought at the airport. Once they were opened, it was like a feeding frenzy of piranhas. Lots of movement and eating and soon nothing was left but wrappers and an empty box.

I called my mom before church and had a wonderful visit.  She's been my ultimate example of a wonderful mother.  I lover her so much.  I called Rich's mom the day before to visit.  She is always so cheerful and loving and I am blessed to have her in my life. I talked to my grandmas as well. One very special part of the day was when my little brother Rhett, who is serving a mission in Ecuador, got to Skype us for Mother's Day. I enjoyed it so much, that I didn't even snap a picture. That is saying a lot. We talked for half and hour and it was so fun to see and hear Rhett. Very cool.

It was a wonderful day that made me realize how lucky I am to have so many amazing, thoughtful, beautiful people in my life. I am one blessed girl.









1 comment:

Marcie said...

Sounds like a great day.

Happy Mother's Day to such and inspiring Mom!

You are ever so busy and that you manage to record it all in such great detail for your children is such an extra gift to them.