Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Twitterpated

I am head over heels, madly, deeply in LOVE.

A love that is intense, indescribable, pure and beyond measure.

It is filling, healing and captures your soul and gives it with warmth like the noon day sun.

It washes over you and you can't help but soak it all in.

And then wish for more.

It's so special because it came with a price.

Time, worry, anxiety, patience, prayer and a whole lotta faith from far more people than just my own heart.

I love every breath,

grunt,

sneeze,

yawn,

fingernail,

tiny toe,

soft squeal

and loud cry.

Every itty bitty eyelash,

patch of flaky skin,

and squeaky hiccup.

I adore every deep sigh, hum

and purr you make.

Oh, those baby blues squinting, trying to focus.

Your velvet skin.

Perfect pink lips.

Long feet.

Skinny legs.

Big hands.

And silky soft hair.

Love.

Pure and simple.

And as much as I would give anything to freeze time, just for a bit,

giving me an extra few minutes to enjoy you right now,

I do know that I have loved every moment of you since you arrived.

I have drunk in your smell.

I have kissed you from top to bottom and

snuggled you from head to toe.

As the days keep streaming by at a dizzying pace,

one thing will always remain.

A blessed constant in an ever changing world.

You are my baby.

And I am your Mother.

That will never change.

And I will love you forever.

Forever and ever and ever and ever.

Always.

For my life was incomplete without you.

I was waiting.

And you'll never know how grateful I am to finally have you here.

Until you have a little one of your own....

5 comments:

Jen said...

Geez Cheryl, that makes me want you to be my mom! :-) That was so sweet. How precious our sweet little babies are.

Jenny said...

Cheryl, I wish I could be there to hold and cuddle him! What a sweet and lucky little boy!

Kristi said...

Holy cow LOOK! Cheryl is a poet! You have SUCH a way with words. My smart, sweet new mommy friend.....

P.S. His little lips are to DIE FOR

Julie and Matt said...

He's beautiful!! I'm so excited for you all. It must be so nice to just enjoy ONE instead of two. That's what I feel like I've missed out on by ending with twins. Congrats!

kara jayne said...

Beautiful...

and so are you...
...and so is he!

congrats!