Monday, August 10, 2009

Dear Senator,

First, thank you for all of your years of service to our country. Thank you for fighting for the very freedoms that are currently under attack by the current administration.

As a concerned American citizen I feel the need to voice my opinion about the current health care reform presented by President Obama.


While I do recognize the need for reform to lower health care costs and know change is needed, I do not support nor approve of the "public plan option" President Obama is endorsing. I have listened to him state his preference for a single payer, government run health care plan in 2003 while he was running for office. I am angry that President Obama tries to claim "That if you like what you have you can keep it." If you read the bill you know there is no possible way to keep what you have under proposed reforms. I am angered by President Obama's and the liberal democrats' arrogance. There are a lot of smart people in this country and we are already tired of being lied to.


Private insurance companies are responsible for much of the current climate, just look at the financial statements of these publicly traded companies. There needs to be greater regulation of the insurance sector, and really it would be best if all health insurance companies were non-profit organizations. However, no private insurance could ever compete against the government which would undercut current coverage to millions of Americans, increase taxes to all and leave us with a shortage of doctors and limited care. It would simply be impossible to keep the doctor you like or plan you are happy with.


There are solutions. We need to make it easier for small businesses to purchase insurance for their employees, reform medical liability lawsuit abuse and fund programs that expand prevention and wellness programs.


This debate is about far more than health care. It is about protecting the fundamental freedoms and values our country was founded on. I vehemently reject having the government involved in my health care decisions. I reject the expanding government role in our society and ask you to fight for our individual freedoms.

I know members of Congress are willing to listen to the voice of the people, especially those that elected them to their current position.


I know there are options to health care reform that would include insurance regulation, tort reform, wellness and prevention incentives and pay for performance for physicians that will create a sustainable, quality health care model for the future. Alternatively, a government run health care model will increase our debt, lead to loss of individual freedom, reduce access to care and decrease the current level of quality of care.


Please stand up for the individual freedom that has made this country great and reject the increasingly pervasive role of government in our lives.


Sincerely,


Cheryl N. Jackson


The TIME IS NOW to get informed, be proactive and get involved. Familiarize yourself what is out there and how it will affect YOU and your family. Call your Senators, Representatives, write them e-mails, attend town hall meetings. Make sure your voice is heard. I did. And I'll keep doing it.

2 comments:

Laura F said...

Can I just copy and paste your email to my senators, and sign my name? You said it all so well - thanks!

Jen said...

Perfect!! What else can I say. Oh, I don't like Obama very much. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!