Friday, April 17, 2009

YMCA Soccer

Spring soccer is in full swing. Trey had his third game last Saturday and Matt had his first. It had rained and rained and rained the day before which canceled their practices. Both teams practice on Friday at 4:30 at Christ's Church and it's so perfect to have them at the same place and time! Despite wet conditions the games were still on. It was sunny, but quite cold with the wind and the grass was a huge swampy mess. The girls and I watched Matt's game from the warm van. (Wimpy I know, but we had back to back games, plus I had to leave part way through Trey's to take Josh to baseball and wait through that, so I did have my reasons....) Gotta love the mud on Matt's face!Matt played great.He scored TWO GOALS!
I love his little celebration cheer here.He is a great goalie, but no one is perfect and he let one get by.But he stopped the rest.
We all ventured out of the van for Trey's game and Brynn loved picking dandelions for me.
Matt didn't bring a jacket, so he stayed warm by wrapping our throw blanket around him.Trey's team played awesome and won 8-0. Trey had TWO GOALS, just like Matt.
Trey kicked the ball and SCORED!

No comments: