Friday, April 17, 2009

21 1/2 Weeks

I have passed the half way mark of this pregnancy and things are looking great. When I think back to early February and my ER visits and bed rest and all the unknowns, it was quite depressing and hard to imagine a happy ending, let alone staying pregnant for another 26 weeks minimum. It was a difficult time.

Fast forward 3 months and things are bright and cheery. My last ultrasound showed that the blood clot, that had still been very sizable at the last reading, had all but disappeared and the perinatologist was cautiously optimistic. I was thrilled beyond my ability to express in words. I know it was through prayer, fasting, faith, service of others and staying down that allowed my body to pass the blood safely and absorb the rest. What a miracle.

I will have another ultrasound on Wednesday to follow up and hope that after this I can be freed of my extra visits and focus on getting to know my OB/GYN doctor instead of the ultrasound techs and Dr. Hansen.

I am feeling better and better and now realized how much pain the clot created and how much mental stress I was under worrying that this baby would not make it. What a weight has lifted from me and I finally feel like the bad is behind us.

Thank you to all who said prayers, called, mailed cards and packages and sent their love and thoughts our way. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Now the #1 priority is to find a name, which we are truly struggling with, but luckily we still have a few months left to work it out. And that is a problem I will happily deal with.

6 comments:

lacey said...

You look beautiful! I am so happy to hear you are feeling better and the clot is gone. Yes, what a relief!!!!

angela said...

Great news Cheryl! So happy to think the worst is behind you. You look great! (but then you always do..)

traci said...

Yeah! Yippeeeee!! I am so happy. I love that dress - glad I was able to borrow it and give it back for this pregnancy. Love ya Cheryl. You do look beautiful.

Jen said...

What perfect news Cheryl.. Yes you look perfect as well. I'm glad everything is perfect perfect even for your little Ariel!

Stephanie said...

I am so happy for you guys. Good luck with the name hunting! Love ya

Marcie said...

You look great! What good news!

My brother and his wife had their 4th little boy yesterday and can not come up with a name.....I think boys are trickier.