Sunday, December 2, 2007

More Fashion Follies!

I know I've written about this over and over again, but after five brothers and three sons, I am still excited to have so many girly things around the house and in my life. And I think my girls are the funniest little chickadees around. I am a bit biased being their mother and all, but if you can't share it on your blog, where can you?!

More from my little fashionistas! Brynn
and Kaitlyn.
I never could have imagined we would be getting so much use out of their Halloween costumes. This is how Brynn sleeps EVERY night. With a dress over her PJ's and shoes on her feet. I have never seen a child sleep in shoes. She is starting to wear off on Kaitlyn too. They both went to bed with shoes on last night! I guess I should be grateful because it's an extra layer of warmth when they wiggle out from under their blankets in the middle of the night.This was taken after church today. She found the silly thing hidden in my room and started pulling in on herself! When I took off her dresses and got out her jammies she found Kaitlyn's dress in her room and cried until I put it on. Then she got out her new yellow Belle slippers, and found two pairs of shorts and HAD to have them all on. She checks it out to make sure I did what I was supposed to do. Funny girl!Why chose just one when you can wear one of each!
Brynn showing off her new pink glitter shoes from Wal-mart and her cute purse. We went into the shoe section looking for new black shoes for Kaitlyn. Once Brynn got a look at these beauties, she wasn't going to leave the store without buying them!Kaitlyn was on a hat run tonight. She had a bit of a gangsta look going on.She kept running into the boys room and returned with a new cap on her head, a big smile on her lips and exclaimed "CHEESE" to me every time. Here she is with Trey's Oriole's hat. What a nut! Kaitlyn was in heaven putting on everything she could find in my drawer. She loves when we fold laundry so she has a large selection to try on.Kaitlyn and her newest love: Barbies! I brought my old Barbies from Utah so I had some toys for older girls to play with when they come over to visit. Kaitlyn immediately fell in love with all of the dolls, clothes, hats and shoes. The first thing she wants to do when she wakes up is dump out the entire Barbie sack thus leaving a trail off small clothes and accessories wherever she goes. She even slept with three dolls in her bed last night.

Love you my sweet little chicas! You put a smile on my face and keep me busy picking up behind you!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

What cute girls! It seems that dress up never ends! The question is how are you going to find a suitcase big enough to fit all the clothes they'll want to bring over Christmas?

Marcie said...

Don't ever apologize for more girl posts...for some strange reason I love reading every word :)

I find myself more and more every day realizing how much I needed ALice without even knowing it.

I am so glad you bought the shoes at Wal-Mart...a girl can never have too many...especially when they sparkle.

Alice has never seen a Barbie. I may just have to pull mine out of the Rubbermaid in the basement sometime soon. It makes me giddy just thinking about it!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

Kari had a rainbow lame glitter shirt that my Mother in law bought her one year for "dress up" She tried to wear that shirt everywhere! It was the ugliest thing but she loved it. She also used to refuse to wear shoes unless they had a "heel" or "clicked" when you walked. I gave that lame shirt to my sister in law as a handyme down - then last year it showed up in a sack of clothes for Sydney- I threw it away before she saw it... to look at that shirt every day again augh!
With the clothes- enjoy it now, it gets harder! Kari is sooo picky with what she wears, has to match, fit right, and have style all at once. I don't know where she got it from :-)

Shelly said...

Your girls are so beautiful Cheryl! I love the post. It makes me so happy to think of my darling little girl. I can't wait to see what funny things she will do when she becomes a little more independent. Dave laughs at me all the time and says that girls never grow out of playing dress up because I just love to dress Hannah in fun outfits. It's a cycle.

Laura F said...

They are so beautiful - and I LOVE the pictures of them dressing up! And that picture of Kaitlyn in the "Jackson" hat? I seriously thought she was a little Rhett! They're so fun. Izzie's not been much of a girly girl - she's more interested in keeping up with Erick. Audrey definitely has a girly streak, though, so it's been fun to see them both! I love girls!

Joe and Amy said...

We have the same little red jumper. Our girls LOVE to dress up and there was a time when we had piles of clothes to pick up on a daily basis. They are getting better at keeping things on now though. Very cute!