Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Lovin' my baby girls

What would I do without my two crazy little chicks? I wouldn't smile or laugh nearly as much and I certainly wouldn't have dolls, bottles, strollers, bows, Barbies, glitter shoes and pink clothes strewn throughout the house. How dull would that be? These two lively little ones make my heart melt with each hug, kiss and smile.

It is hard for me to believe that they will be turning two years old in March. How quickly the time goes by. They have such sweet, happy spirits. They can go, go, go on little or no nap and still be pleasant as I drag them from place to place. They get so excited each day when we pick the boys up from school and when Rich walks in the door after work. They are so girly from their love of makeup to their mothering instincts.

They are both very talkative and their vocabulary seem to grow each day. They are quick to say thank you, the love their juice (water or soda) and their three bebe's- blanket, bottle and baby-go everywhere with us. Kaitlyn is great at saying food (low and drawn out) and can say hot dog perfectly. That's probably because it is her favorite food. That and french fries. Brynn loves bananas and strawberries and eating cereal with milk. Great for her, not to great on the floor! They both can make excellent dog barks (high pitched ooo's), can point to their eyes, nose, ears and teeth when asked. They say cheese everytime they see a camera, followed by "I see, I see" so they can check out the picture.

They love to search around the house for Daddy. I turned on the shower the other day waiting for the water to heat up and Kaitlyn was sure Rich was in there. She was so disappointed when I opened the door and found only an empty shower. They can say ball, peek-a-boo, stuck, cute, up, hot, sockie, no, Josh, uh-oh, go, shoes, pizza, hi and bye, Mom and Dad and both jabber non stop all day.

We think they are the funniest, cutest little girls around.Really, who else is your constant companion when you are trying to type on the computer?
Who else would wear Christmas ornaments on their wrists like bracelets? Or so many pretty necklaces at once?
Who would blow me kisses every time I time I told them I love you?
Who else would be my shopping buddies? Or read story after story with me?
Who else could play pretend so sweetly together?
Who else could I put in pigtails?
Or find jumping on my bed while eating Cheetos?
And honestly, who else eats Doritos with a spoon for breakfast?!

I am so glad I am your mom and that you are mine! I love you Kaitlyn and Brynn!

5 comments:

jamie said...

what a darling tribute to your cute girls.

Laura F said...

I could eat doritos with a spoon for breakfast...

I love the comments you make about your girls, because yours and my Audrey are so close to the same age! Like the pile of books after she's brought me everything on the shelves and listened to about two pages of each. And my girls really are my best shopping buddies. I need do to more of these types of posts, because just reading yours I gain a better appreciation for my own kiddies!

Tiffany said...

What a sweet post. I loved how you captured so many little aspects of your life with your girls that otherwise might have been lost. Loved the picture of Brynn with the ornaments on her wrists.

Marcie said...

I love all the pictures. So many of those could have been taken at my house daily (like the multiple necklaces and bracelets all on at the same time) only you get double the fun.

Sally said...

They are so darling! I often read your blog and wish I was pregnant with twins...then I remember that my impatient self can only handle one at a time....What would we do without our girls!