Thursday, December 20, 2007

Homeward Bound

Today we are off, headed out west to spend Christmas with our families. The presents are wrapped, the suitcases are packed and I am hoping that all of it, plus the double stroller and 5 car seats full of children will allow the van doors to shut when fully loaded. It might take a miracle! We will see what happens when Rich gets home from Danville and tosses the bags in so we can be on the road by 5 PM. Cincinnati here we come and then off to Utah! Thank heavens for Delta and their direct, non-stop flight to Salt Lake City!

It will be a fast and furious trip. We have never had such a short trip at Christmas, but who I am to complain! We land around midnight on Thursday and will head back home to Lexington on Friday the 28th. We plan on seeing the lights at Temple Square on Friday night, go to church at the MTC with my parents and eat lunch in the cafeteria (the boys were shocked that they have food there!), go to the Jazz game on the 26th, have a snowball fight (they boys have been planning this one for weeks!), attend a temple session with Rich, get Trey's spacer (back molar) put in by my Uncle Dave, visit the grandparents and maybe sit down for a moment or two in between activities!

Nearly every Jackson and Nance will be there. My brother Greg, his wife Kate and their son Michael will be staying in San Francisco, so they will be missed. And of course my brother Kurt will not be there in person, but it will be wonderful to talk to him at 5 PM on Christmas day. What stories I am sure he'll have to tell about his first month in Taiwan.

I am not sure when Rich's sister Heather and family is coming in from Arizona, but once they arrive, the entire Jackson clan will be found around the kitchen counter visiting and laughing while the kids play Foosball and shoot hoops in the gym.

All of our grandparents live in Utah and almost every sibling too, so it will be a wonderful reunion. Rich has only been in Utah for 4 days since last Christmas. It seems his ability to get home gets less and less each passing year. Someday he will have control of his life!

We wish you all joy, peace and happiness this Christmas and hope your holiday is one surrounded by those you love.

Merry Christmas to all!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Cheryl,
I hope your Christmas and trip is fantastic. My sister said they have fresh snow today, so they kids should have a great time in the snow! I wish we could do Temple Square. It is my favorite childhood Christmas memory. I love the Nativity scene with the Christus in the background. Just not enought to pack the whole family up for Christmas--your a great woman! Hopefully I will actually get our Christmas cards out and it will be waiting for you when you get home!

lacey said...

Have a great Christmas Cheryl... I hope it goes by slow and is full of fun.

Marcie said...

There is fresh snow and quite a fierce storm brewing. I hope your flight and drive are safe and uneventful.

Hoping you have a wonderful time here with your family!

Merry Christmas!

Shelly said...

We are so excited to have you here! Hopefully I will get to see you in between activities.

Joe and Amy said...

Have a fun trip! Merry Christmas!

Amanda said...

Happy Christmas! I wish I were going to be in Utah so that I could see you, but it sounds like you'd be too busy anyway. We'll be home in February, so when you visit after that, we'll have to get together. Have a great trip. Tell your family hi for me.

Aly said...

Cheryl, Enjoy your trip. We are heading out to Utah on the 26th to stay until January 5th. Our plans also include dental work, temple sessions, playing in the snow, a Jazz game, and lots of family. Hsve a wonderful Christmas! Love, Aly