Saturday, December 5, 2009

Winter

Rich and I were abruptly awakened this morning by two excited little girls climbing, clawing and pushing their way onto our bed. They leaned over me and pulled the window shade open. Their giddy faces beamed as they loudly exclaimed, "It's winter! It's winter!"
The world was a shade of white after a light dusting of snow had fallen as we slept.

Baths were quickly forgoten and warm clothes were gathered, as the girls hurriedly dressed themselves and asked for my assitance with their gloves and scarfs.

Brynn rushed out into the cold with a twinkle in her eye and a spring in her step. In her mind, Christmastime had finally arrived.

I snapped a few pictures and returned to bed in hopes of getting warm. Playing outside in 21 degrees isn't my idea of a fun morning activity.

I did have a good laugh later in the day, after the sun came up. Brynn glanced outside and saw most of the snow had melted. "Oh no! Winter is gone. It's summer now."

No comments: