Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Rich had the entire week off (hence the break in blogging) and we simply enjoyed being together.

Of course when Thanksgiving rolls around one often considers the many things they are grateful for. My list is long. I have been blessed beyond measure. Though I have much to be thankful for, my top things are simple and yet, they are my keys to a meaningful life.

My religion.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ gives my life purpose and meaning. Jesus Christ's sacrifice made it possible that I can be forgiven of my sins and return to live with Heavenly Father one day. My temple marriage gives me the opportunity to be sealed to my sweet husband and our family can still be united after death. Gospel principles help me to know what I need to do while here on earth so I can be with my family forever.

My family.

Not a day goes by that I don't take a few seconds and say a silent prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father for my dear family. I found a husband that is unselfish. That trait alone makes my life a joyous one. He puts me and the family first. He shares his love and time freely and I know he truly enjoys being together. I only hope I can be as good as he is. He is my best friend. He helps me to dream and see a future of endless possibilities. I love you Rich.

With risk of sounding bias, I have the best kids. Sure we have our up and down moments -that's called life-, but my children have good hearts. They love each other. They love me and Rich and they are building powerful testimonies. They are my treasures of life.

So much of who I am is directly linked to my parents. They helped shape and mold me. They instilled values and goals and helped me to succeed. They were the ultimate cheerleaders always encouraging and helping see me through to the finish line. I also am grateful for Rich's wonderful parents who raised their boy to become an incredible man and who love us dearly. What a blessing to have such outstanding examples for my children to love, admire and emulate.

My freedom.

After reading various books and learning more about our founding fathers, I am so grateful to live in a country where I have the freedom to think, learn and speak. Even in 2009, there are countries that do not value women. I am grateful for my education. I am grateful I was able to chart my own path of life and that I am only limited to what I choose to achieve. Freedom is not something I take for granted.

On Thanksgiving day, we got together with the Millars and Drew's cousin and wife who drove down from Cleveland, Ohio. The food was delicious and the company was even better. That morning the girls helped me make sweet potato souffle and green bean casserole while we watched the parade.The boys assisted with the stuffing.Ashlee's table looked amazing.
Katie, Ashlee and meZach's first Thanksgiving. I am so grateful for our sweet baby boy.Trey was so excited Ashlee let him have a turkey leg.We browsed the ads and the girls played with Mac and Gray.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How wonderful to have Rich to yourselves for a whole week!! That's amazing. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.

Happy to say that Christmas is now one week away... So excited to see you guys soon!