Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The best gift....

The best gift
That I ever got
Didn't really weigh a lot
It didn't have a ribbon 'round
And it sometimes made the terrible sound
The best of all it seems to me
It wasn't neath the Christmas tree
And yet, I guess I'd have to say
That it made all the other presents twice as gay
The best gift that I've ever known
I'd always wanted most to own
Yet in my dreams of sugar and spice
I never thought it could be so nice
The best gift that I ever get
Was sometimes dry and sometimes wet
Was usually pink but oftentimes red
As it lay so innocently in its bed
The best gift of the year to me
The one I hold most dear to me
A gift that simply drove me wild
Was a tiny new born child...
Having a baby during the Christmas season brings such a special spirit of innocent, love, peace and joy. Zach is by far the most special Christmas gift I've recieved this year.


Twelve months ago today, I found out he would be joining our family. A day later, during our early Lexington Christmas morning, Rich unwrapped a tiny little box that contained a very small slip of paper {above} that shared the news with him. I'll never forget his surprise and then excitement to know a baby was in our furture.

It makes me sad to think this is my last Christmas with a little babe, so I'm trying to savor every moment and enjoy every event knowing that next year I won't have a soft, sweet smelling baby in my arms. His warm smile and bright eyes make everything new and thrilling. He simply makes our lives complete.

Merry first Christmas Zach. You've given us the most priceless gift this year- YOU! We already know we'll have best Christmas ever, because you are here to share it with us all.

1 comment:

Marcie said...

He is such a doll.....definitely the best Christmas present ever. I love that you documented the little note you gave to Rich. What a sweet memory.

Goodness your family has been busy! Safe travels and Merry Christmas!