Saturday, June 30, 2007

Beware of Spiders!

The Birthday Gang!

I have to admit, that while the birthday celebrations were wonderful and well deserved, I am relived that the party is over. I stayed up way to late (3:30 AM), which is normal when Rich is on call (not that late but between 1-2 AM), but got everything ready for the blow out last night. And sometimes I ask myself why I am tired!

This morning I didn't have too much set up, but we did decorate the back yard with just minutes to spare. We had 17 kids, 6 babies and 6 adults. My angel babies went along with my plan and took their nap from 12-2, so they were just around for the clean up. How convenient! They woke up at the end, ate some pizza and managed to find some suckers for an after dinner treat.

We went through 3 X-large pizzas, 2 liters of rootbeer, 2 pitchers of lemonade, 1/2 family size bag of Cheetos and almost a box of popsicles. Maybe that is why only ONE child had cake and two had ice cream. I made two cakes yesterday (one white for Josh, one chocolate for Matt) thinking they would be needed. Oh well. The Underwoods ate a bit more later so I have 1/2 a white cake left and a chocolate cake minus one slice. The chocolate is really good since it has chocolate pudding in the middle and homemade frosting so Rich won't be sad there are extra helpings of that.

We ate pizza, read a story, played the games, colored, made little spiders, broke the piƱata and had cake and ice cream. I think the kids like the Web Walk (like a cake walk, but with candy bars) the best. The boys were once again spoiled and got more Transformers, spider man toys, a PS2 game, a Pokemon movie and many other things. Thank you notes will be hard since they were both opening the gifts at a rapid pace with me trying to video and take pictures. Maybe the video will help figuring out who gave them what, but they might end up being quite generic.

The Underwoods came down for the festivities and it was great to see them. Traci came down last August and it was Zane's first time to our house. They stayed until 5:30 PM.
The boys were in heaven playing with Trevor and Boston and it was fun to see little Mallory again. Rich slept through the party, but did get some pizza and said a quick hello to Traci and Zane before he headed back for a full night of work. No rest for the weary!

Happy Birthday Josh and Matt!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

I need a nap after reading this post. You are amazing, and I'm sure someday your kids will appreciate the lack of sleep on your part so many nights to make their days special.