Monday, December 12, 2011

The Nutcracker


It has been a Jackson Christmas tradition for years, but we were never in Utah to enjoy it:  The Nutcracker.  Rich's mom takes all the granddaughters and their moms to the ballet.  My girls had never seen it before.  They have taken ballet for two years, so they were thrilled to see real professionals (as Brynn told me).  They were mesmerized by all the beautiful dancing.  There were a few funny remarks too.  When the rat king made his entrance Brynn exclaimed, "Oh, what a darling hamster!" and they both could not contain their giggles when the little girls came out from under the large woman's dress.  They got to still with their cousins and get showered with 'fairy dust' from Annie (that can still be found on their scalps).  They thought it was a perfect day.  Especially when we ended it with the three of us at Yogurtland.  I think it will be a permanent tradition.











2 comments:

Marcie said...

We've only ever been to Ballet West Nutcracker at Capital theatre. I never even thought of going somewhere else. I think we'll try something like this closer to home next time. Your girls look darling!

Kim Cannon said...

Lily and I are going to the nutcracker on Friday night for the first time, and I can't wait. What a great tradition!