Friday, December 2, 2011

Festival of Trees


At back to school night in August, I saw a sign up for the Westfield Singers.  I thought that might be something the boys would be interested in since they loved chorus in Lexington.  Then I read they would perform at the Festival of Trees in December and I signed them up! 


Truth be told, the boys do not love the singers.  I pretty much forced them to do it even when we realized that only 65 kids out of  student body of 850 are in the choir.  I really should say out of 425 since you have to be at least in 3rd grade.  Other kids were dorks and teased my boys for doing it.  I had a few choice words for them, but I have refrained from telling them to their face, but I digress.... 


The boys stuck it out and we were thrilled for their performance today.  Both of our moms came up to watch and Rich was post-call so the whole Jackson crew was there to support our fellas.  It was held in the South Town Expo Center and they sang from 11:35 am -12:05 pm.  They sounded great and had a wide variety of music.  They had kazoos, boom whackers and even did the hand jive (probably a factor as to why my boys didn't love it all that much....).   True, Trey never cracked a smile, but they did a fabulous job. 


We had lunch together after and then browsed the displays.  Wow!  The United States Capital gingerbread house was unbelievable.  Oh the trees!!  We saw a scouting tree, Barbie tree, golf tree (Rich's dad needs that one ASAP), but my hands down favorite was the Harry Potter tree, complete with the Sorting Hat, glasses, wand and Hedwig perched on top.  LOVE! 


The quilts were amazing.  One reminded me of my sweet friend Traci Underwood and a few made me think of my amazing Great-grandma Beardall.  They were works of art. 


I laughed at the mickey head wreath, Zach was enamored with the Cars tree and the girls fell in love with every pink, purple and sparkly display. 


It was a wonderful event and I was so proud of Trey, Josh and Matt and for all the hard work, time they put into the songs and for doing this entire thing for ME!


Love you guys!






















2 comments:

Marcie said...

Way to go boys sticking with it. Kind of died at Trey's unenthusiastic face in all the performing pictures:)

The only thing I did for Festival this year was sew some table runners for it last week. I love the Festival of Trees and have volunteered every year we've been in Utah....just couldn't swing it this year with the baptism/birthday and house craziness.

It's such a great way to start out the holiday season.

Jana said...

We went on Wednesday, so fun. It was Brad's first time. I am glad the boys stuck with it and you got to go.