Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Ornaments


Rich's sisters, Julianne and Jenny, have gone to Color Me Mine the past few years and made Christmas ornaments with their kids.  We were so excited to be here this year so we could come along for the fun!   We met at the place in Riverwoods, though we came about 45 minutes early because Josh had a basketball game in Orem at 6 pm.  I fell in love with the store.  There were so many cute options, though the kids decided on their ornaments quickly.  Trey, Josh and Zach all got balls.  Brynn, Kaitlyn and Matt picked penguins and I ended up painting a Santa Zach wanted and Brynn pitched in painting it too. 

While they worked, I couldn't help but think back to painting ceramic pieces with my mom as a child.  There was a store in Payson.  We went quite a few times. My mom was really good and I can still recall all the things she made.  Greg and I painted the most with her, but I know Brad and Jeff made some things too.  I painted a crocodile and a snail that were displayed in my room for years.  I made a little Valentine heart, a scarecrow, ghosts and a nativity set.  I put the nativity set up in the basement last week.  I love it. 

Trey painted a Y for BYU, while Josh painted an S for Stanford.  Matt was amazing and painted a darling penguin with his LEFT hand (crossing our fingers the x-ray tomorrow looks good and he can get his cast off!).  The girls worked hard on their penguins and they were colorful masterpieces.  Zach painted and painted and painted some more.  Then he dropped his ball and cracked it in two.  We were so happy to hear that they would fire it, then glue it for us.  Perfect. 

Jenny, Ruby and Jacob were there.  Emily and little Capri came along.  Julianne, Charlie and their kiddos were there and Rich's mom, Rosie and her girls came just before we had to run to the game. 

It was so fun to sit and visit and paint and be there with family.  We can pick the ornaments on Friday. I am really, really excited to see how they turn out. Yet another thing that has made the annual Christmas tradition list!
















No comments: