Friday, December 2, 2011

Missing our Kentucky friends

 


I would say without a moments hesitation that our greatest blessing from Kentucky were the people we grew to love like family.  We have been so lucky to move close to both the Hamiltons and Alcorns, but there are others we dearly miss.

We were luck to get to see the Madsens in August when they stopped by Utah on their way to Yellowstone.  Rich and Josh go wayyyyyyyyy back (high school) and they are the reason we have a son named Josh and that we ended up in Kentucky in the first place.  So many memories from Stanford and seven years in the Bluegrass together.  We spent numerous Thanksgivings, Halloween parties and Christmas celebrations together.  We love them so.  They have been in Fresno that past 3 years, so this visit was the first time we had been together since they left Louisville.  It was wonderful to meet little LizaJayne and catch up.  It had been far too long.

Then last week, we got a visit from the Millars.  We spent four wonderful years in Lexington with them, and I can't say enough good about Ashlee and Drew.  They are such kind, generous people who we just clicked with when we first met.  They helped us so many times and we spent a few holidays together over the years.  Ashlee saved me countless times when I was on bed rest or just needed help with the kids.  She is amazing.  Now we've just got to get them to move back to Utah!

We are so blessed to have a decade of memories with such incredible people.  I was missing Kentucky so much last week, that I went through photos on my computer and printed a few out and put them in a frame that hangs on the wall in my kitchen.  It makes me smile to see Churchill Downs, Darley and Keeneland each time I see those lovely images.

We miss you Kentucky.  We really, really do.  But you'll never be far from our hearts and minds.




1 comment:

Ashlee said...

I loved seeing you- twice! But it made me miss you guys even more! Kentucky is just not the same without the Jacksons!