Saturday, December 3, 2011

Kurt and Pearl's Wedding

October 9, 2011
Salt Lake Temple

Kurt and Pearl were married in the Salt Lake Temple on Saturday, October 9.  They met briefly a few years ago through Kurt's good friend Jon Turnbow, who just happens to be Pearl's cousin.  They started dating in January of this year.  Pearl is one of ten children and grew up in Sandy.  Her family has since moved to Highland, Utah and she even has a little brother who is Trey's age and they both will go to Timberline Middle School next year.  Kurt will graduate from BYU this spring and was recently accepted in the Louisville School of Medicine.  Pearl is also going to BYU.  We are so thrilled that they found each other.  They are a darling couple.  They both are excellent pianists and are both so kind and thoughtful.

Their sealing time was at 8:40 am (!).  Kurt wanted to drive up to the temple with Pearl, so we were thrilled when he spent the night before his wedding here at our house.  The weather was cold and rainy in Utah County as we drove up to Salt Lake, but once we got past the point of the mountain the weather cleared.  The sun even came out when Kurt and Pearl were taking pictures.

My parents have a condo at City Creek so we were able to leave our kids there at their place to watch a movie while Rich and I went to the sealing.  I love weddings.  I love seeing so many of our family members and loved ones in the temple.  Rich and I went to the Mount Timpanogos temple on the Thursday before when Pearl received her endowments.  Those are some of my favorite times in my life when I'm in the temple with family.  The ceremony was beautiful.  They looked so happy.  It was the first time my girls had been there at the temple for pictures.  They thought Pearl looked like a princess.  And she did.

We had a delicious wedding luncheon at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and my favorite part was when my kids sang a song for Pearl and Kurt.  We had my little brother Rhett's picture on a chair since he's off sharing the Gospel in Ecuador. 

We ended the day with a fun reception in Highland.  Pearl's family is really musical and they had performances every half and hour where they danced and sang.  There was lots of line dancing, good food and so many friends from Salem I haven't seen for years.  It was a wonderful night.

Congrats Pearl and Kurt.  We love you!












Wedding Luncheon
Joseph Smith Memorial Building


















Reception
Highland, Utah





















2 comments:

Marcie said...

Wow that looks like such a fun wedding reception.
Your kids look so darling singing at the luncheon and the girls look beautiful.....but you know I have a weakness for white dresses:)

I don't think I've seen a picture of you with all of your brothers at the same time. Darling little niece in the red dress.

Jana said...

I love that you are so good about taking pictures. It is fun to look back, it was such a beautiful day.