Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Anderson Hills Preschool


Back in May when we decided to rent the Ladle's home in Cincinnati, I asked them if they could recommend a preschool.  The Ladle's daughter had attended the Anderson Hills Preschool and loved it. I got the number and called them that very day.  There was only one spot left, so they put our name on the list and on the waiting list for a 3 day afternoon class.

Months went by and as the summer passed, I called the school hopeful that I would get good news about the class.  The news wasn't good.  In fact it was worse than I had expected.  They had filled the one open spot with a child who had been registered but wanted a different time.  I was now #1 and #2 on the waiting list.  This did not make me happy.  In fact I hung up and fumed about it for 45 minutes.  I finally calmed down and called the school and inquired if there were any other classes I could get on a waiting list for.  They put us down for a 2 day morning class.

Then I waited.  And waited.  And heard nothing.

I called the school last Monday and asked if there were any openings yet.  The director was out and I was told she would call me that afternoon.  The phone never rang.

I called again on Tuesday and left a message.  She finally called me back.  Bad news.  No new openings and school was going to start the following week.

I started researching Parent/Teacher stores in the area and gathering preschool ideas online.  If the school could not fit them in, then I'd make a class for them here in our house.  Gotta put that elementary education degree to use, right?!

While running errands the next day my cell phone rang and I saw a number I vaguely recognized.  I picked up and heard the preschool director's voice on the line.  Two spots had opened up that day, in different classes for the 3 day afternoon session.  Would that be okay, she asked?  YES!   She set up our orientation time for the following day.

Hallelujah!

We went to the school the next day and met Mrs. Newton, Brynn's teacher and Mrs. Zidron, Kaitlyn's teacher.  The school looked wonderful and the teachers were so nice and friendly.     

Finally, something actually worked out, even if it took 4 months to get the good news! 

School started today and the girls were exstatic.  At orientation they gave the girls school t-shirts to wear on chapel day.  The girls insisted they wear them on their first day. 

Only half the class would be there since they did a staggered start.  Their regular schedule will be Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 1:00- 3:30 PM. 

They have a drop off line and then parents come inside the school for pick up.  Beats Josh and Matt's set up.  I had to haul them and the baby girls to the second floor 5 days a week for drop off at 8:30 AM.  Whew!  Makes me tired just thinking about it.

I dropped Brynn off at her class first, then took Kaitlyn upstairs to her room.  They were all smiles and blew me kisses as I left.

As Zach and I walked out of the school I realized I had never walked out of preschool, or any school for that matter, with just one child.  Crazy to think it'll be just me and Zach three days a week.  Though it's his nap time so I think I'll just enjoy having a bit of quiet a few days a week.  Sounds great to me.

I'm thrilled for the girls. They are ready and excited for school and I can't wait to see how much they progress this year.












2 comments:

Marcie said...

So glad this worked out for you!
The girls look darling!

Kristi said...

Yea for the big girls and you not having to hold preschool at your kitchen table! BTW - I'm loving their matching bows (first thing I noticed). Did I make those? If so, I'm so awesome. :)