Thursday, May 20, 2010

Something's Missing....

Over a month ago, Brynn took a tumble in my closet and ended up with a wiggly bottom tooth. After a few weeks, I gave up hope that might heal. In fact, I knew that it wasn't going to last more than a few weeks tops.

Brynn soon realized chomping apples wasn't as easy and starting biting all of her food with her molars. She covered that little wiggly tooth with her finger and held it tight while I brushed her other teeth. Time passed and the little tooth finally broke free- root and all.

She was thrilled, even though she won't be getting a replacement tooth for at least a few years. She knew well about the Tooth Fairy and couldn't wait for her visit that night. Showing her sister the hole.That night we tucked her in with the special Tooth Fairy pillow my Grandma Nance made for us. It is just like the one she made for my family and I used as a child.Later that night Brynn had a special visitor. (Glad the Tooth Fairy wasn't too busy and didn't forget to come!) Brynn found a one dollar bill when she woke up. She was thrilled and I'm sure she won't mind losing another tooth again. Let's just hope it is not for a few more years!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

She certainly will be the first child her age to get a visit from the tooth fairy. Davis is still FAR from his first lost tooth....... although he tries wiggling them all frequently just to make sure.

Thank goodness it wasn't a top front tooth. So fun that your grandma has carried on the pillow tradition with your family as well.